Monday, 26 October 2020

Seize the Birthday!

 


I noticed that Challenge #202 at Seize the Birthday has 'Texture' as the toppings

Since joining forces with Gail to start our new venture (Let's Squash It!), I'm all about the texture you get from embossing folders and knew I wanted to play along.


I created a base by embossing plain, white card with Distressed Lines by Creative Expression and then stencilled a small background panel in Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I love this stencil from MFT (Moroccan Mosaics) and have to stop myself using it on everything I make. The image is Cup of Java from Penny Black. 

Thanks for dropping by!


8 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

sweet card

I Card Everyone said...

Oh JO! What a fabulous embossing folder! Hey, why didn't I think of 'lines' as being 'geometric!'
This cutie looks mighty comfy in her cup!
=]

Lindsey said...

This is awesome, Jo! I love the embossed background, the stencilling, and your fab colouring. Also, I'd like to be as skinny as she is. :D Thanks for linking up at Seize the Birthday!

Robyn Oliver said...

Sweet card Jo... using our EF - yeah!!!

Claire said...

That's a fab make Jo... she looks fabulous sipping from the smaller cup matching the big one, I love the colours and the use of the embossing folder x

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous card Jo and I have just found your new challenge blog with Gail, I shall be making a card today!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your coloring on the girl in cup image, Jo! So pretty atop the stenciled panel!

JoAnn said...

Love your card. The texture from the EF looks great and that is such a cute image with your fabulous coloring. The sponging with the stencil really sets the image off. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.