Saturday, 3 October 2020

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge #170 - C is for Chalkboard


Greeting Snarkfans, it's a wet and gloomy morning here in the UK - I'll be crafting with the lights on today and no mistake!

We're all about chalkboard today at the Sisterhood. This isn't a technique I'd tried before and I have to be honest I wasn't sure about how to do chalkboard. A little Googling and I felt ready to make an attempt!

This is actually my second card as I wasn't overly happy with my first make:


I love this sweet little set from My Favorite Things

Here's my first attempt:


The Sistahs tell me it's fine, but I'm just not sure. That's a great stamp from AALL and Create, but maybe it was better before the butterflies landed? 

The Sisterhood have created some fabulous and hilarious cards for this theme, so if you want to see how it SHOULD be done, you need to head here.

8 comments:

Helen said...

LOVE your cards Jo! First of all.. Birthday calories do not count! Eat the cake! And second.. the butterflies look perfect on the card!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Barbara Godden said...

Love both your cards, of course the sentiment on the first might not be true. You managed to get a real dusty look on your chalkboards. Fabulous job.

Michelle N. said...

I think both cards are wonderful! It's not easy getting our chalkboards dusty, but you did it perfectly!

ciloma said...

Both cards are great. I think I would have used a color (my head says red - but then, whenever I think black or red I think red satin and black lace. It is an inside joke thing from my much younger days) anyway . . . I'm thinking a color for the butterflies and sentiment. Or some shiny something on there.

Lindsey said...

I say fabulous job on both cards!

Lynne in NI said...

Hi Jo, gosh I've missed loads of fabby makes on your blog, bad me! Your chalkboard is perfect, I had a go at this technique a while back and all my attempts ended up in the "can't even be recycled" pile ;)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fun chalkboard cards, Jo - especially love the cake one with the fun sentiment! Pretty background for your black butterflies too!!

JulieP said...

WhatchutalkinboutWillis? These are both fabulous!!!! I only wish the frosting sentiment was true. lol!