Saturday, 31 October 2020

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge #172 - X is for fauX

 

We're playing X is for fauX for the next two weeks at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and I've gone with a faux metallic look for my card.


Yes, my embossing folder fixation continues unabated, but can you blame me with a folder as gorgeous as this one??? It's a 6cm x 6cm folder from Crafters Companion called Reindeer Parade from their Nordic Christmas Range and the little die cut at the centre is from Simon Says Stamp.

I used Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Polish to get the metallic finish and found it quite easy to work with  once I adopted a less is more approach! 

The sistahs have created some fabulous cards, so please head over and join the fun!


7 comments:

Helen said...

GORGEOUS card Jo! LOVE that embossing folder and faux metal look!! Just perfect!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Barbara Godden said...

Oh my Gosh that folder is so cute. so happy you didn't cover it up with a large image, Awesome card.

JulieP said...

Love those reindeer and wow, does that ever look like metal! Beautiful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful faux metallic with the rows of reindeer, Jo - just love this one!!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhh this is awesome sistah!!!
Very nicely done :)

ionabunny said...

Awesome card. A beautiful folder and the gilding makes it extra special. Hugz

Lindsey said...

This is gorgeous, Jo! I love the embossing folder, especially when your technique makes it extra cool. Nicely done!