Hi there, it's time for another fun challenge over at Let's Squash It!
This is a challenge that will really help you stretch those embossing folders.
Challenge #3 - Use ANY Embossing Folder and Dies or Fussy Cutting
Yes, we'd like you to use an embossing folder of your choice and pair it with the techniques of die cuttings or fussy cutting. You can use an emboss-and-cut folder, a die cut with a matching folder, cut up something you've embossed, emboss a die cut shape, or simply add a die cut or fussy cut shape to your embossed background. If you're not sure what to do then please take a look at Gail's excellent Inspiration Post for some great ideas.
Here's what I made for the challenge. Sadly, I needed a sympathy card for a friend who had just lost her lovely dad to Covid.
I used a beautiful embossing folder Darice's Bold Daisy for this card. It proved really difficult to photograph, and does look so much better IRL. I cut two embossed panels and fussy cut the centre of the second panel so that I could place it over the first panel. A couple of pop dots added to the dimension. I coloured with Distress Inks.
In addition to cards by Gail and me we also have a guest designer/squasher. Intrigued by who could be joining us? Come on over and find out!

12 comments:
This is awesome Jo. Love the soft colours and the beautifully fussy cut layer looks amazing. A beautiful card to commemorate a life lost. I am sure it will be a balm for your friend. Hugz
Stunning!
A lovely card for such a sad occasion.
Kath x
Jo I love the extra dimension you achieved by fussy-cutting one row of these darling daisies!
I'm working on a little something over here...
=]
When I first looked at the picture, I saw the center row as beneath the embossed background. Then I look again and it is above the embossed. Maybe I missed my meds again....
This is pretty and I like the dimension you've given it.
So sorry to hear about your friend's Dad, Covid is horrible!
Sorry you needed the card but you made a beautiful job of it, a soft and calm card. I hope your friend is coping OK. Hoping to join in with the squashing again, fingers crossed!
Beautiful sympathy card, Jo - just love the fussy cut embossed flowers atop the embossed background! So sad for your friend - your card will be a comfort!
Fantastic Jo and so heartfelt. And glad to see Linda as your guest.
Sorry for your friend -the card is beautiful.
Beautiful card Jo and your fussy cutting is fabulous. A sad occasion but I am sure your friend will love this card.
Sadly we all need cards like this, and your creation is just beautiful with the flowers! I love the subtle shading around the edges of the middle panel which draws the eye into the sentiment.
Post a Comment