It's Reminder time over at Christmas Kickstart and this month we have a fabulous guest and a fabulous theme as we play...
in the company of the lovely Janet from Swanlady - Impressions.
Janet created a gorgeous card to kickstart our challenge, which you can see by clicking here.
For my inspired by card I hunted through my stash and found a Woodware Poinsettia background to work with. Janet's cards are beautifully CAS and I loved how she had so much white space on each design. I 'borrowed' the black sentiment on a white space and surrounded the central design with the background. The card just didn't look right until I stamped, coloured, fussy cut and added two additional poinsettias to soften the centre of the card. Again, I was inspired to do this because of the dimension Janet had achieved with her cards.
This is so different to my usual style, but I enjoyed the challenge of working with a stamp set that wouldn't otherwise have seen the light of day.
There are currently twenty-three amazing cards in the gallery. If you haven't got a poinsettia stamp then any Christmas florals will be just fine and Janet and I look forward to seeing yet more beautiful flowery creations before the challenge closes at the end of the month.
.jpg)

6 comments:
Gorgeous vibrant colors, Jo! What a great idea to add the two fussy cut poinsettia with the white sentiment circle!!
Beautiful card Jo! Your extra blooms work perfectly with the shape of your sentiment.
This is beautiful Jo.
Faith x
Delightful card Jo.
This is an eyecatching design in traditional colors and with a traditional feel. Love how you used this stamp, very creative and effective.
Gorgeous card. Really struggling with this theme. Must try harder. Sure I have poinsettias around here somewhere. Hugz
Post a Comment