Friday, 6 October 2023

Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge - Day #4


I'm playing along on Day #4 of The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge where we're remembering The Cat Lovers Hop founder Janis Woolbright by creating cat-themed Christmas cards. 

One of our sponsors today is Your Next Stamp and I created this little card using one of my most favourite of Karen's cute stamps. 


Sadly, YNS owner Karen is closing her store this month. However, she's still offering a surprise grab bag of YNS products to one lucky random winner from our challenge. 

I had such fun paper piecing that present and the tiny bow. I've no idea why I set myself such an eye-achingly difficult challenge, but I'm pretty pleased with the end result. I needed a coffee after doing that I can tell you!

The cute die is from MFT and I loved how well it framed the cat. Apart from the paper piecing, this card came together so easily it felt like cheating.

Isn't this just the cutest badge? I'm linking my card at Fiki's fun challenge: Show US Your Pussycats.

The pretty papers all came from my Snippets Box, so I'm going to link to Snippets Playground Challenge #464. There are some gorgeous cards in the gallery, so why not head on over and take a look


And please don't forget to come and play at our current Christmas Kickstart Challenge




8 comments:

Sarn said...

Very sweet kitty card. Lovely paper snippets too.
Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Great card. Will have a look at the challenge, thank you. Anesha x

Di said...

Hi Jo! You must be psychic - I had my craft room almost apart this afternoon looking for a particular Christmas cat stamp so I can come and play. What a fabulous tribute to Janis this is - bless your heart and all of her lovely friends who are sharing their memories. I'll be back, you can depend on it - if I don't find the stamps then Dudley will have to pretend to be a cat instead and strike a pose whilst wearing a Santa hat for me! Lovely snippets card there my friend!

Hugs

Di xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A darling image and a wonderful card Joe.
Faith x

Carole J said...

Such a cute Christmas card, Jo - Loving the wide eyes and the outstretched offering of a gift. I have some of that patterned paper too!! (It's eons old...haha). Your lovely meme made me laugh - most of my adult kitties have been tuxedos :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

LOVE this card, it's so sweet!! And LOVE so much YNS stamps, they are always cute but fun and sweet at the same time! This kitty carrying his present looks so well with your accurate paper-piecing! Very well done! And such beautiful paper on the back! I think to have that die for the sentiment, it looks great around the kitty!
Fun meme!! :D

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love YNS stamps too! I have a huge collection since it's a Canadian company and I've been shopping there for years. I'll definitely miss YNS, already do! This kitty is so sweet and fun! Love the die-cuts and the non-traditional colours too! Your colouring is also so beautiful, and I like your paper-piecing! Just catching up with your cards, Jo!

Fikreta said...

It's so cute that card.
What is in that present?
I think lots of cat food 😂
Thank you so much for sharing SUYP badge!

Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱