I love the steely blue-grey of the river and the pink and green of the flowers.
My parents took many fishing holidays in Ireland before the 'Troubles'. They speak of Ireland with huge affection and have always said that the countryside was beautiful and the people warm and generous.
Here is my card, as you can see I went with the pink and green of the flowers and the white of the houses.
The paper is S.E.I Kitty's place - Catnip. I love it, and am currently planning a card that uses the little kitty border that appears on another sheet. The chipboard shape is Maya Road and all the stamps are from Hero Arts. The teeny, tiny bling is from Papermania and I have added more gel pen then you could shake a glue stick at! (Bless you Kristina Werner, what did I do for finishing touches before you opened my eyes to the wonders of faux stitching?)
I have made this little card for my sister-in-law who is currently rather poorly. She had to be admitted to hospital a few days ago, but is back home now and seems to be improving.
I feel the need to give the Custard the Cat Worldwide Fan Club (Hi Elise!) an update on his recent exploits...
Two nights ago he had an encounter with a Kung-Fu mouse!
At first I thought that he was terrorising another frog, but it turned out to be a tiny grey mouse. This gutsy little fellah was repeatedly jumping at Custard. By the time I had run across the lawn Custard had backed off and was just sat looking at the mouse while it hopped up and down. He gave me a look as if to say 'aren't I supposed to be in charge here?' Needless to say the mouse escaped and Custard was left looking very confused and more than a bit embarrassed! I've promised not to tell any of his cat friends that he was outsmarted by a mouse...
Welcome to my little corner of Blogland, where I share my love of papercrafting and life!
Friday, 14 August 2009
Traveler's Inspiration challenge #5
Isn't this a wonderfully evocative picture taken by Tina's friend Katie while she was holidaying in Ireland?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ohhhhhh, no! Poor Custard! Good thing he HAS you to guard his fragile kitty ego! {they really can be sooo delicate that way!} Hee Hee This was such a fun post! I'm SOOO inspired to try the "traveling mama" challenge thingy! I haven't yet been able to add it to my schedule-o-the-card, BUT I'll try harder! What a cool way to inspire! I ADORE what you've done with the ingredients and your fabulous story-telling! Just makes me want to sit with you over tea and have a good long chat! {sigh* Blogland can be such a tease!} But anywhoo, your card is WONDERFUL! Thanks for more contagious inspiration: as always!
I just saw your link! Adorable card!! Thanks for playing along! I am super pumped about future surprises- stay tuned!
Gorgeous card - the pink really zings against the green
And I won't tell anyone your cat is afraid of mice, if you don't tell anyone my dog is afraid of cats!
Post a Comment