Friday, 4 September 2009

A fairy in her autumn finery!

It's my Mom's birthday in a couple of weeks time and being a child of this 'season of mists and mellow fruitfulness' she is a big fan of autumn/fall colours. So when I saw that the adorable Dawn McVey had chosen these beautiful colours for Raspberry Suite Challenge 16# I nearly danced to my craftroom!
I might be taking a bit of a risk sharing this card now, but I don't think that Mom ever drops by my blog. I think that my Dad might look in occasionally, so Dad if you are reading this please don't show Mom... and if you have already got her present, please leave it in the usual place for me to wrap!

The cute little fairy is Maisy by Anise Ketto for Stampingbella. These stamps are like hens teeth over here in the UK so I grabbed this one as soon as I saw it for sale.


I stamped the little fairy in Versacolour ink and then embossed with Chocolate Brown Stamp-n Stuff powder from Stampendous. I wanted the image to match the chocolate brown of the Bazzils cardstock and the Versacolour just wasn't dark enough. I used some Kelly Panacci clear stamps to stamp the brown card, and also the kraft paper as the circles look like the flower in her hand. No prizes for spotting that greeting from Hero Arts!
After adding a Fiskars punched border I felt that some further embellishment was needed. I was so happy to find that little yellow foam flower hiding in my stash!
I really love this little stamp, so don't be surprised to see her popping up again VERY soon!
The only question is will she be wearing pink and green, or turquoise and lilac?
Ladies, place your bets now....!

7 comments:

Andrea M said...

What a cute card! Love the little fairy :)

Elise said...

Ohhh, there you go, you lil' crafty nut! This is ADORABLE, just like you! I've got the paper sitting on my table, but no inspiration to be found: perhaps your magic will rub off on me! Hee Hee This is a GREAT card! Ssssshhhhh! Dad, don't tell! Hee Hee I love it!

Beth aka BR-T said...

I love her! She easier to color than some of the others! This card is wonderful and I promise not to tell your mom! Beth

Vanessa said...

This is so cute!! Thank you for your sweet comment - I accidentially deleted it, but did remember your name!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Lynne in NI said...

Awww, she's a real sweetie! I'll have to watch out for those stamps! Beautiful colour combo too
BTW I've only made so many cards this week as I've been off work with the flu and have been bored rigid!
Lynne
:o)

Cat said...

Just adorable and so cute!

Traveling Mama said...

I just saw your comment after responding to your e-mail. I am so glad your print arrived! That was so quick! Yay! I am so glad you like it!

Your card is SOOOO cute! I love that adorable fairy and she looks so sweet in these colors!