I have been looking forward to using this sweet little Greeting Farm guy since he arrived in the post. I'd been thinking of using blues and browns, and when I saw that Samantha at SPCC had chosen SU colours Ballet blue and Soft suede, along with Basic grey for challenge #14, I decided to release him from his packaging and get stamping! 
He was such fun to colour and cut out, although his hat changed colour big time when I heat embossed him!
To create the wall background I used some clipart and grunged it up a little with Versacolour. I used a cute, and slightly grungy Prima Clear stamp to add a little motivational graffiti. I've made this card for my friend's son Matthew, so perhaps the graffiti message should read 'Please, for the love of God, just do your homework!'I added a little scalloped edging and the brown ramp, but otherwise kept it simple and just popped everything up with dimensionals. The colours of the card are much closer to Samantha's palette in real life. We have been enjoying more sunshine today and I don't think my camera can cope!
Well, I'm still not sure that I like 'man' cards but sweet 'teenage boy' cards are fun!
19 comments:
Hahaha!! So cute.
Emily-SP Diva
I love your post and your card! Thanks for using SPCC colors.
Dotty, this is adorable. What a great stamp and your coloring and layout are awesome. I'm cracking up at the thought of a "for the love of God just do your homework" card...if you know where I can get one of those, I could put it to good use! :)
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your super nice comments!
Oh my gosh, I love it!
I love what you did with the colours, the image, the graffiti, the embossing of the hat, I love it all!
Awesome work.
:)
I have just seen your very kind comment on my blog.It is a small world...
Streetbike's not far from use either.
you will have to let me know if there are any nice craft shop's near you as I only know of a couple in the area.My favourite one is Secret crafter in Halesowen, do you know it?
Ps thank's for the head's up on the Squiggle candy,I haven't won anything yet but you never know...
x
Vicky
This is SCRUMPTIOUS! I love the lil' dude and cool background that you created, but even more: I love the IMPLIED sentiment: if it was a stamp, I think it would sell like hotcakes! (From the parent of a TWEEN-aged boy! Ha ha ha I could sell a carton load!)
You have such a gift with these characters, your coloring and composition! Fabulous! {But really, what does Custard think?}
Hi Jo,
just a quick note to say you can get better direction's to The Secret Crafter store in my side bar. If you go down mucklow hill to the Halesowen island and go straight over instead of left into the town you go about half a mile and it's on the left on the main road,just before the petrol station,it's not sign posted very well and I had to call Wendy the owner as I carried on in to Lye the first time I visited.If you do have a look in my side bar it will take you to the online store and you can see if Wendy stock's your type of craft item's.
I have never visited the store you told me about so I will have to get better direction's from you as I am not sure of the area.
x
Vicky
And I said this was a short note lol
So cute! Thanks for playing along at SPCC!
Melisa-SP Diva
Gorgeous card! the image is adorable.
Hugs, Vanja
Great Card!!! Love the "little guy". He reminds me of the little guy in the pop tarts commercials. Don't know if you are familiar. Anyway... LOVE IT!!!
So glad you joined us this week at SPCC!!
Very cute! Love the stamp and love the card. TFS
Adorable! I love how you thought to make the wall of graffiti to accent the skateboarder -- what boy wouldn't love this card??
What a cutie! I love the wall behind him- super great touch!
This card is so fun, it brings back memories when I had a boyfriend who was a skateboarder, oh how long ago was that.... Your Ian treatment is terrific and I love he background! You make my day when you stop by my blog with your kind words, Thanks Dottie! Beth
Fab card Jo! I love your little dude and the wall as a BG is so cool!
Lynne
:o)
This little image is so cute. Great card
So cute!! The little skater is so fun!
Your skater boy card is just darling! What a great card for a teenage boy! :) TFS
Such a cute card! Love the little skate boy!
Post a Comment