Friday, 16 October 2009

Hello friend!

Each year I am delighted to see a family of robins visiting our garden. Towards the end of the summer they drift away, but one or two usually reappear as the weather gets cooler. This morning I was pleased to see a little robin friend watching me as I topped up the bird table with kitchen scraps!

I had my little visitor on my mind as I headed for the craftroom, but I have to admit that the old mojo was at a low ebb this morning. I decided to go sketch hunting for a little inspirational boost. I came across this sweet and simple sketch from the lovely girls over at Limelight Papercrafts.


I am not quite sure how that cute sketch turned into this little tribute to my little feathered friend, but then isn't that just the magic of card making?


I thought that my little autumn visitor could play along with The Pink Elephant Challenge this week as their theme is 'Fall'.

I broke out some of my favourite Hero Arts stamps to use with my little Cuttlebug cut robin, and just had to give him some of the little goggley eyes that I usually reserve for my little Christmas Rudolphs! The Limelight team challenge also required the addition of ribbon, so I added some lace to look like clouds in a bright autumn sky!
Happy crafting everyone!

12 comments:

Mandy said...

This is gorgeous, DottyJo! :) I absolutely LOVE that birdie! You did your linking up perfectly, by the way! Just right! :) Be sure to check my blog Monday afternoon to see if you are the winner of the ribbons!!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is just sooo stinkin cute! I love the branch with the multiple colors too.

Annie said...

This is just so sweet. I too spotted a robin the other day in my garden. Isn't it just wonderful how seeing that flash of red brings a smile.
Hope you enjoyed playing in our Autumn themed challenge this week. Good luck in the draw for the prize from Wild Flower Kids rubber stamps.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Elise said...

Oh, oh, oh! BRILLIANT! I'm sooooooo impressed with the way you answered the challenge call! That lace is FABULOUS! You're awesome, madame DOTS! Love this character you've created with your crafty genius! YOU ROCK!

Victoria said...

so cute and with a lovely story behind it too

Victoria
x

Beth aka BR-T said...

DJ this is so wonderful I love the patch on your fine feathery friends chest! I am glad the postal came through, have a great weekend! Beth aka BR-T

Unknown said...

Lovely little bird, Dotty! Thanks for sharing it with us at TPE!

Pajalu said...

This is so gorgeous!!! I love this card, good luck with the challenge.

Vanessa said...

This card is so cute! Love your bird! Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Lucy Abrams said...

How totally adorable. What a CUTE robin. They are one of my favourite birds. Love the blue too.

Traveling Mama said...

This is just perfect! I'm sure your robin friend would approve!! Thanks so much for the funds you sent. You are so sweet and generous! I'll be in touch after we get back from Europe! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Hugs from Morocco!!

Lynne in NI said...

OMGosh Jo, this is soooooooo cute! I love your Robin's fancy red breast!
We have robins in our garden too, but come to think of it I haven't seen them for ages. I'll be keeping my eyes open now watching to see if they come back
:o)