I really hope that my hubby doesn't sneak a peak at my blog and see this picture of his Christmas card!
The 'small print' reads 'But please bear in mind that the addition of a small villa in Sardinia is perfectly acceptable'.
This little card has been a labour of love for the past two days!
The 'mini-me' character from TheGreetingFarm was hand stamped and then paper pieced. The mini-hubby character is a TheGreetingFarm digital stamp which I 'altered'. Yes Donna, this little card really has taken me two days to make!
This is how the little boy should look, but sadly my hubby does not have Soccer Ian's gorgeous flowing locks, so I worked a little 'masking magic' and drew in some more suitable hair. (Not sure my hubby has this much hair either....)
I changed Ian's shorts to jeans again by masking before I printed the image. It was quick and easy to make some little trousers from card and to paper piece them. The shirt is also paper pieced and is in the colours of my hubby's beloved Halesowen Town Football Club.
I changed Ian's shorts to jeans again by masking before I printed the image. It was quick and easy to make some little trousers from card and to paper piece them. The shirt is also paper pieced and is in the colours of my hubby's beloved Halesowen Town Football Club.
Girls I have to tell you that I married that football club when I married my hubby!
I printed the sentiment on my PC in 'Juice', which is one of my favourite fun fonts!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and happy crafting everyone!
11 comments:
Fab card Jo - great altering of the images, love the small print!!
Victoria
x
ps - loving your christmas blog header
COOL card Jo! I love your little 'husband' with his glasses and stubble! Fab paper piecing and great sentiment .. I'd 'settle' for one of those villas too!
:o)
Oh, Jo...this is PRICELESS! I love your altering and the inside sentiment is perfect! Including the little hint....Love this! He will, too!
This is just the sweetest thing. Awww! I hope your hubby just loves it.
Dotty this is too fun I love your modifications! Beth
Love your card! The sentiment is hilarious! Wouldn`t mind that either! Maybe it would be good for him to sneak, that way he has some time to get the villa ;)
Hugs,
Vanessa
Oh this is super sweet Jo! Your DH will adore it, and you are so funny, you always have a good story to tell! Thanks for sharing!
so very adorable, I am sure he is to love it....have a wonderful evening!
enjoy *~*
Jo this is one fantastic card. I love the story behind the card. I bet your dh will be thrilled to get this wonderful card. I also love the way you have Custard on the card as well. Smudge says Hi btw. Your blog header is very cute as well.
Cute card, like the way you altered the image to suite you.
Dottie, great card. Love all the details and color. Bet your Hubby gonna love it.
Hug, Linda
Post a Comment