Friday, 18 December 2009

Anyone for Porridge?

Don't you just love Porridge the pig from Sugar Nellie?

I bought this stamp several months ago as I knew that he would be perfect for my Dad's birthday card. When my Dad was a teenager he worked on his brother-in-law's pig farm. This must have been a really positive experience for him as he has always had a soft spot for pigs!
I wish that I had £700 to spend on a present for my Dad, as I am sure he'd prefer one of these little cuties to the dark green woolen Marks and Spencer's jumper that he'll be getting!
It's 5x5 birthday cards for the Cupcakes Challenge #70 this week so Porridge can trot on over there to get aquainted with Mr Linky!

12 comments:

Linda Brun said...

Great male card and love Porridge the Pig image... Make me smile.... Have a lovely weekend..

Hug, Linda

CinnamonSally said...

Love your cute piggy card, i'm sure your dad will love it. Have a great weekend.
Sallyx

Anonymous said...

oh... Jo this is delightfull...you have done a super job colouring and I must say that I envy you... I am so bad at Man card's....

Plus I can relate personally to the piggy's...
I used to work in a factory packing BACON.....

I had a look at those cute little Pig's, and
I WANT ONE...they are gorgeous....
Loved the pic of them with the cat....

Hope to speak to you soon, but if not have a fantastic Christmas....

Vicky xxx

Victoria said...

brill card, love the image and the colour combo is perfect for a chap, sure he'll love it - and the jumper!!!

Fab to see you at Cupcake Crafts
Victoria
x

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a fun porker card Dotty! I love the piggies too, I saw in Australia( I think!) a women is going to sell mini pigs too cute! Beth

Pajalu said...

Jo your card is so super cute!! As are those teacup pigs.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh - now that is just sooo cute! he looks like he could use some companionship, what a cute little image!!

Suzanne C said...

Love the card. Made me giggle. Perfect for your dad. Lovely coloring.

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Jo, just seen the caardvarks challenge results, congratulations on your showcase mention, loved your shoe cards.

Liza said...

A gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Donna said...

Fantastic card, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Jill said...

So cute!!