Just before Christmas I was lucky enough to win a free Hero Arts digital kit from Caardvarks. I have always really enjoyed making baby cards so decided to pick 'Special Delivery' as my prize.The current challenge over at The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge is 'New beginnings' and Cupcake Challenge #72 is to make a baby card, so this was my chance to get downloading!
I haven't made a little boy baby card for a very long time as most of my friends have daughters. I thought it would make a nice change to create a card to welcome a little boy. The lovely Lucy has just posted Challenge #3 over at her blog. Her challenge theme is to make a 'Monochromatic' card, so I thought that I would work in the gorgeous shades of blue from the Bazzil basics range.
The digital kit has a selection of cute images that will be familiar to Hero Arts fans as most have already been available in rubber. I have the woodblock version of this little onesie, but was really excited to be able to enlarge it to fill the centre of a Nesties circle. The flowers are punched with a very old daisy punch. This little punch was one of the very first tools that I ever bought, and it was fun to use it once again! The sentiment was printed on my PC, and the little heart coloured with a mixture of Diamond Stickles and Distress ink. A little work with my white gel pen pulled everything together.
I promise not to make too many Nesties cards, but they really are so much fun!
25 comments:
Love your card Jo great colour and the white pen really finishes it off. I like making baby cards as well and those nesties are addictive, aren't they!!!
Great baby card Jo - perfect for a little boy!
Well, I'm partial to circular Nestie cards myself and this one is a cutie!
Congrats on your win...hope to see more digi hybrid cards!
Cute little babycard Jo - and you rock with your nestie card ;-).
Hope you manage to keep warm in the cold weather you have. I can see on telly that you are having heavy snow. Here it's to cold for snow, -12C
Hugs
AWWWWW i love this its is so cute, making me feel broody lol, gorgeous hun, big hugs Pops x
it's gorgeous Jo! Make as many nesties cards as you like, I enjoy looking. What a sweet image - good choice!
Victoria
xx
Love this baby boy card :-)
What a cute nesties card. I love the image and the colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
This is such a sweet baby card - so happy you entered it into my challenge. Hope you're not too snowed in down there. :)
This card is adorable!
I'm not that familiar with Nesties yet so could you please tell me how large your circle is?
Thanks!
Lovely monochromatic card! Love the little onsie! So cute.
This is just adorable!
this is super cute!! love it!!
Oh, how cute! I love the placement of it over the scallop circle card, another favorite shape of mine for cards too!
So cute! I love what you did with the digi kit and the nestie cards are adorable!
Hugs,
Vanessa
Love your nestie cards, and this is a real stunner! Keep them coming. :)xx
Love your hybrid card with the sparkling heart! Fabulous!
Hi - love your nestie cards and this one is just as stunning keep them coming xx
Gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx
Sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x
Gorgeous baby card, sweet image and colours.
luv
Debby
This card is so sweet DJ just seeing a little onesie makes my heart melt. Beth
Such a cute baby card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.
Liza x
Awww, what a cutie and just perfect in the blue colours too!
Hope you're enjoying your weekend Jo and staying warm!
:D
Beautiful baby card for our challenge at Cupcake this week, thanks for playing along with us :) Donna x
Post a Comment