I don't know how I managed to leave this image in my stash for so long without using her! I am so glad that I have had a tidy up and re-found this sweet Gorjuss girl!I made this little card for my lovely cousin Janis who was 60 on Saturday. I didn't have to walk too far to deliver it as she is my next door neighbour but one! Janis looks amazing and is one heck of a good advert for yoga and healthy eating. She is still as slim as she was as a teenager. Janis has inherited Nanny Kath's genes... not sure where the small, fat genes that I've inherited came from!
I coloured the image with my Pro-markers. I wanted an exact colour match for the scallop so coloured some Bazzils card with the chisel end of my marker and then ran it through my cuttlebug to cut the shape and then emboss it. The sentiment is a Hero Arts Clear design stamp that I attached to my block in a semi-circle. It moved very slightly on the one side but otherwise it worked ok!Must dash, I have a cut and colour booked for 9.30am!
Happy Crafting everyone!
21 comments:
You are so fun and I love this super card, Jo!
Hugs,
Vanessa
Beautiful coloring Jo! She looks like a very pretty Raggedy Ann Doll. LOVE Yoga too. I must get back into it. Would love to be fit at 60:) Tell her HB from me!
lovely, I love the gorjuss girl collection
Kit x
Great coloring - åhhhhh she looks so shy....cute!
Adorable!!
Thanks for the tip about curving the clear stamp on the block to fit the circle ~ I'm going to give that a try today :o)
Hi Jo, how's trick's...
love the card...great idea with the card base...do you think we should nickname you bazzil as you use ton's of the stuff...lol though no, not sure what you would call me...lol
Love the little image, she's adorable. I know what you mean about not using them enough, I have several still in there packet's...
great idea with the sentiment too...
Gorjuss card...
x
Vicky
ADORABLE card! love it!
Such a cute card Jo, love you colouring, that is still something I have to perfect, I am not really good with my copics yet. Need to practice more!!
Dot you are too funny! We are how we are asking questions only complicates matter, LOL! I love your sweet image on this card she is without a doubt Gorjuss! Beth
Great coloring! I love the way you stamped the sentiment!
love how you did the sentiment! GORJUSS card!! =)
Sweet image and your coloring is so very pretty. Lovely design.
Sweet card and great colouring Jo, bet cousin Janis was happy about it.
Hugs
Beautiful card and the coloring is fabulous Jo!!
very cute!
I found you from Ali's One Little Word post. Love your blog - this card is gorgeous! I'm doing a series on my blog about ways to keep your one little word alive during the year -- here's the latest! http://bit.ly/549CXW
Stop by sometime!
xoxox
Lain
Such a beautiful card love the rich colors, and the sweet little image is colored Perfectly.Thank you for visiting my blog..Been looking at yours and you do very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda
What a cute card! She is gorgeous. Beautiful coloring on her. :)
Oh this is fab, love the colours combo and sweet image.
luv
Debby
Hi Jo, your comment just reminded me... you asked what stamp I used for card I made using the Gorjuss girl...it's a set from Basic grey. I got it from a craft shop in cradley heath...you should look on line as I can't see any more in store...
I have been there today, just to get some blank paper to stamp on, though I have brought a lovely silhouette blossom's set by Stampology that caught my eye, I think they will work great on the type of card's I am doing at the mo....oh and some bobunny paper's
The odd thing is I was only going to tesco and got this strange pulling sensation toward's a craft shop...lol.
If you have a free day next week and I am not in demand..lol... you should come visit me at home. We can have a few cuppa's and do some stamping...what you think....
I don't really get out much in the week as pete has the car, and I don't like driving James's...the offer's there, no pressure.
speak soon...
x
Vicky
Behold ~ the fabulous color talents of Madame Dots! Sensational! You are so amazing! What elegance and perfection in such a fantastic package! Great job, super friend! You are a TREASURE!
{And YES, please come to the opening of NEW Scrapland! Hee Hee Just tell me WHEN that will be! Ack! :o) ~ it's taking forever!}
Love you, sweet pea!
Post a Comment