Saturday, 20 February 2010

Just rip it up!


I just thought that I would share this 'thank you' card that I made earlier in the year. Again, it is a little bit different to my usual style, but I wanted to experiment with torn vellum as it gives such an interesting effect.

The flower silhouette is a free digital stamp, but I can't re-find the site to give the link. If I do find it I will edit this post and add it. The other stamps are all old favourites from Hero Arts.
Hopefully this card has a slightly masculine feel as it was a 'thank you' for a male friend for his Christmas gifts to myself and my hubby.
... and if you want to see a Masterclass in torn vellum take a peek over at Jill's fabulous blog 'Inspired by...' to see Jill and Carole in action!

Happy crafting everyone!

22 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

This is a stunninmg card Jo, love the colours and the textures, very masculine. I am sure the recipient loved it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bud..
This is terrific...I love the distressed feel and the image is fab on the script with the added subtle gem's...I love it...
Well done you...
How lucky were we to bump into each other today, I did wonder last night if I might have....

I have agreed to join SC challenge full time, I emailed Jane and expressed my worry of a card a week and she very kindly said not to worry and make what I can, so I will be doing one a fortnight...

enjoy the rest of the weekend....
x
Vicky

Linda Brun said...

Great masculine card Jo. Love the texture.
Hugs

Victoria said...

this is gorgeous, love the torn vellum. Yummy
Victoria
x

Danni said...

I like this! Very nice!

Alice said...

such a beautiful card! love the distress you did in the background and the torn vellum is the perfect touch!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful look with the vellum! I don't ever work with vellum but it's probably high time I try it, looks great! And I love that shade of green against the black silhouette!

Clare said...

Definitely masculine! I like the little polka dots down at the bottom - so much detail!

Jo, you awesome stamper, I smile every time I see you left a comment for me over at my blog! And how kind of you to link over to Jill's blog! :)

Virginia L. said...

Love your fabulous card! Colors and design are fantastic and detailed. That vellum paper is certinaly fun to use, isn't it? You certainly have made a GREAT manly card, Jo!

Vanessa said...

This is so beautiful, Jo! Love your torn vellum and these colours together!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Sally H said...

Stunning card, Jo! I love what you have done with the freebie off the craft stamper too!

Lizziski said...

This is a lovely card. I love the colours you used and that vellum

Abounding Treasures said...

This turned out great!!

I know how hard it is for me to make a card that has a *masculine look* ~ you've done a superb job!

Kathy said...

So elegant Dotty and the torn vellum is wonderful :)

Jill said...

First of all, your card is definitely one of those "WOW" cards!! Love the text and bold, masculine colors! Gorgeous! And thanks SOOO much for the link to my blog- you are so sweet!!!

Elise said...

Oh, WOW! You are REALLY something! I LOVE this, sweet thing! THAT vellum is FANTASTIC! I love that I didn't realize it was vellum at first {such magical stuff!}! YOU are fabulous!

Kelly Booth said...

Such a Pretty card....I have always loved torn Vellum.....Thanks for popping by my blog and for the sweet comments you always leave.....
Hugs!

Sanne said...

This is super Jo! Love that black background - great card!

chris said...

Hi there Jo
this is very special,love it
hugs chris xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh, fabby card Jo! Lovin the torn vellum effect (I've trouble enough sticking down straight edges in a straight line without the trauma of torn edges! LOL!)
:o)

Tyggereye said...

How did I miss this? I was for sure I commented on it. ITs GORGEOUS! I love this card. The colors. The circle shape makes it so pretty. Great stuff! :)

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous effect on the main image too! Love the torn vellum it gives such a nice detail.