What a busy, busy week... I'm so glad that it's the weekend at last!I sent this card to Denise when she won my Blogoversary candy last month.
The image is from Tiddlyinks.com where you can find the fabulous work of children's illustrator Christy Croll. The image is called Drama Queen, and Christy says that this sweet illustration is her daughter doing her 'O woe is me' routine!
The image is from Tiddlyinks.com where you can find the fabulous work of children's illustrator Christy Croll. The image is called Drama Queen, and Christy says that this sweet illustration is her daughter doing her 'O woe is me' routine!I remember my parents calling me Sarah Bernhardt, after the famous silent movie actress, so I think I must have had my own 'O woe is me' moments as a child!
Hope you like the sentiment that I added with my PC, and let's face it card makers we've all been there!
I used Distress Stickles for the first time on this card. Not very sparkly, but great colour and texture!
Have a great weekend everyone, and happy crafting!
22 comments:
Hi Jo :-) Love the image and the sentiment says it all:-). Great use of stickles and BG paper. If you want a great and versatile colour in rangers stickles, I will recomend Platinum. It sparkles and you can use it on almost any project..Wishing you a wonderfull weekend. Hugs
Love the rich colours on your Drama Queen! And that sentiment is too funny! Thanks for the enabling...must add her to my collection!
so cute!! i adore this image!! just makes me smile!! such an adorable card!! =)
Jo,
The card is wonderfully *rich*! I can imagine how beautifully the distressed stickles add texture to it ...
I think all of us little girls had moments like that, which was unfortunate for our parents :O)
This is the epitome of all little girls and boys the drama! This card is wonderful Dotty! Beth
omg!! too, too funny! my mom used to call me... (but more often my little sister) ..."sarah bernhardt" too! and honestly, i had completely forgotten that until i read your post! ♥♥♥
anyway, it's nice to know that the tradition of little girls having their "sarah" moments continues and how clever of that stamp designer to capture one for all eternity!!!
i absolutley ♥LOVE♥ what you have done for this card, both visually, and then of course you KNOW that i am 100% with you on the subject of being devastated by the lack of ANY pink supply!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) love this, jo!!! ♥
What a fun image and love the sentiment Jo, this is the perfect image for my daughter she is very dramatic when things go wrong, as are most girls I think!!
Ha Ha, that's hilarious Jo!
Love your little drama queen and you've coloured her beautifully - that DP is scrummy too!
:o)
Wonderful, adorable card Jo and love that sentiment, did make me chuckle.
luv
Debby
Stunning card Jo - and I've seen it in the flesh!!! Really fun image and the sentiment made me laugh out loud :) Thanks for the link (been over for a look and so many fun images). Hugs, Denise x
Cute image and I love those distress stickles you added. Super pretty. I need to try those out. Funny, but my week was a Woe is me thing. So, yep, we've all been there. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Love the purple and green together - fab coloring Jo! Lovely card.....
So cute!! I love that little skull she is holding. What a great little card. The colors are fab!
Sorry its took so long to visit Jo, as you know I have had a full busy week too, though I couldn't believe it when I heard Wendy broke her ankle, I had to see it for myself....lol
The poor Woman has been through this mill these last few weeks.
I really love this card, the image is a cracker, you have coloured her beautifully, do you have that one in a male version...I could do with one for our James...he's a bit like that at times...hehe
x
Vicky
How fun! Love the light blue background- it really makes your coloring "pop!"
Too stinkin CUTE!!!
Love square cards. Very nice. Thanks for visiting my blog!
Adore your drama queen - soooo funny. Great card. Love distress stickles too... very subtle aren't they?
You're hilarious and THIS card is fabulous! What a perfect sentiment! Someone MUST make it into a stamp, immediately! {!} BEAUTIFUL!
Love the drama queen! The coloring is fantastic! I think each family had at least one drama queen! :)
Haha great card and image. :)
Aw, I love this card! You have coloured her beautifully :D xxxx
Post a Comment