I am a bit bleary eyed this morning having stayed up late watching the election results. I have already done a few odd things (eg: porridge oats in my cup and not the saucepan) so perhaps I shouldn't be thinking of using a craft knife today! I made this little card because I wanted to use the lovely Vinnie Pearce digital image 'Wire Torso rubon'.
I paired the image with the gorgeous Hero Arts digi 'Old letter writing'.
I paired the image with the gorgeous Hero Arts digi 'Old letter writing'.
I think the colours are a bit 'off', but I love the flower (thank you Sanne) and think it pulls the card together. There's some silver gel pen faux stitching and I stamped the sentiment in Silver Versacolour pigment ink. The card is from Stampin' Up!I'm half way through a second card using the same images and hopefully I'll feel happier about that one!
Happy crafting everyone and enjoy the weekend!
24 comments:
a really sweet card hun, please go careful if you do use a craft knife..xxx
Wow Jo, This is not off in colour at all...It's great. I have just used a sentiment called just because on my last card, it's a nice saying isn't it?
I love the old wire body frame, and I like how you have used the old letter, it works a treat.
I watched some of the Election too, how exciting it's been, and it's not finished yet, could go on for days yet!!
Debbiexx
love it did you like the result?
Christine x
You have made such an elegant card, its lovely. Diane x
Absolutely stunning card...he woridng on the backgorund is fantastic :) Donna x
Dotty I love this card and the fact that the colors aren't quite in sync with each other! Beth
Great card Jo...Love this!!
Hi Jo love you card the colours a great, they are very vintage looking. The Torso looks fab with the writing, its such a great digi, I have used it quite a few times now well worth the 99cents it cost. I do love a bargain!!!
Sallyx
I love your card Jo and glad to see my flowers being used -goes so well with your design here. Well the British election is very exceiting this time isn´t it? We follow as well here in Denmark - may the best man winn ;)
Jo, love it. Great card. Great image too... think I might have to get that kit.... ! LOL!!
Thanks for all the lovely comments you left on my cards during the week. I am just back from vacation and enjoyed reading all the lovely comments. Now catching up on everyone's blogs. Off to read some more of your posts. Hugs.
I love your card Jo and can just see you scratching your head as you wondered why your oats were in your cup and NOT the saucepan!!
Been there and done similar things ...
Enjoy your weekend!
Love this, Jo! Perfect colours and I love the faux stitching! No craft knives today, ok? Maybe tomorrow.....Have a great weekend!
Gorgeous card! Love the single touch of the flower and that Old Letter Writing makes everything look soft and smooth, very elegant!
beautiful simple card!! hope you get some rest before you use craft knife!! =)
This is lovely Jo, think the colours work well together. Love that background writing too
Morning Jo, it's raining and miserable here, I think we have this weather for a few days to come, and I was so looking forward to doing some gardening...NOT...lol
You were right the other day, this creation is really lovely, so elegant, I have total admiration for your digi work, you know me everything I do on the pc is by accident...
I wouldn't know where to start with overlaying images.
Thanks again for a great afternoon the other day, I loved the pot plant, and couldn't resist making a bookmark for the books you left me to read, instead of watching the election I cuddled up in bed with one of those books, far more interesting in my opinion....
You have a great weekend, and I will catch up with you soon
x
Vicky
ps...hope your day got better and no accidents with craft knives!!!
Good morning honey, this is gorgeous i love the image great colours too, lol at the porridge oats, maybe you should have a relaxing day!! big hugs Pops x
Hi everyone, Mr Blogger has gone all odd and eaten some comments. I have put 'word verification' back on until I can figure out what is happening! Aplogies, Jo x
Fab card Jo, and I love the colours!
Great job on using your digis too, I can just about print one image, never mind one on top of the other!
Hope you've managed to catch up on your sleep!
:o)
Hi Jo, a lovely elegant card and I can't see anything off with it, looks fine to me. Hope you have left the craft knife alone!! My friend Wendy laughs at me because I carry plasters in my craft kit!! I'm not good with a craft knife at the best of times!! Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend. hugs Jo x
I think this is BEAUTIFUL! I love the text with that incredible digi image!
Beautiful! Love the background text and the flower touch.
oof! ok, see, if i were a normal, organized blog reader who read posts IN THE ORDER they were published... (when i am behind i read them backwards starting with the most current!) ...i would be GUSHING over the brilliance and gorgeousness of this wonderful card!!! but seeing as how i saw the laura ashley version *FIRST*, i have to agree with you that whilst this one is indeed exceptionally lovely...when you put it next to the 2nd attempt, there is NO QUESTION which card is the ♥SUPERSTAR♥! i sincerely apologize VP dressform card #1, you are being very slightly robbed of my admiration and love thru absolutely no fault of your own!!! :)
Even with a POST election hangover, you are FABULOUS! Wonderful card, sweet sista! You amaze me!
Post a Comment