Hi everyone, I'm just dropping by to share a card that I made last week for one of the ladies who volunteers at the library where I work. Dear June has just undergone major surgery, and hopefully is on the road to recovery now. I love these beautiful sewing images from Hero Arts. The thimble is from a gorgeous new Polyclear set called 'Simply handmade' and the other images are all digital.
I used some of my favourite Cosmo Circket Early Bird paper and got a little heavy handed with Antique Linen Distress ink.The stitching is faux and I thought I'd add a little pin for an extra 'sewing themed' embellishment. I had to bend it into the card so that June doesn't catch her hand on it when she opens the card.
I've been poorly with a stomach bug over the weekend and so must apologise for not having been around much.
Happy crafting everyone!
30 comments:
It's fabulous Jo, love the sewing theme and the distressing. Well, I love everything about it actually. Hope you're feeling better soon.
:)xx
Sew special! Love the faux stitching and I think there's just the right amount of ink distressing! Do take care, Jo! Drink lots of fluids!
Sorry you have been ill Jo, hope you are on the mend now. Wow this is a fabulous card, I love all the distressing and those gorgeous papers are so vintage looking, they makes me think of the fabrics in an old country farmhouse, Love that look!! I am sure June will love this card.
Hi Jo,
Sorry to hear you are not well, a couple of my friends have had a bug too, it's awful, hope you feel better soon.
This is the most gorgeous card, lucky June I say. I cannot believe this stitching is faux, and the Cosmo papers are my favorites too.
The little saying is so lovely....I just cannot praise it enough, perfect, my favorite by you so far...
Someone told me to cut the point off the end of a pin with pliers and then sand down abit, it works a treat!
Debbiexx
I love this it is sew sweet (sorry couldn't resist the pun!) it is though, I love anything with sewing items on.the papers go so well too
Linbyx
Oh I love this I used to own a really old Singer Sewing machine it was fun to use. I love the vintage look you have given this is really suits.
Hugs
Lorraine x
OHHHH! I love it. My favorite paper, the distressing, cute image. It's all just good stuff. Love that pin at the top. Great detail!
I hope you are feeling better.
Hope you are feeling better now (((hugs)) your friend will love this card the stitching looks so real and love the sentiment with the image lovely x
Gorgeous card Jo, your friend will be delighted! Love your distressing too, I'll definately have to make some time and have a pratice as mine is always rubbish!
Sorry to hear you've had a poorly weekend - hope you're feeling better soon!
:o)
Hi there jo
your card is so perfect, everytime I try to stich on card it certainly doesnt look as neat as yours.
awesom card hugs chris xx
I am dizzy, by the amazing beauty and power of this card! SO SORRY to not have been by in so long, Madame Dots. Frankly, I'm glad I'm not driving, because THIS exquisiteness would have endangered my ability to operate large equipment! YOU ROCK! Love, love, love YOU and your crafty show!
Oh and I forgot to say, I hope you are feeling better Hugs Jo x
Jo, this is lovely, a real must have!! Would look fab with the CC Material Girl papers too. I love it and the pin adds the final touch. Take care Hugs Jo x
That is so special! What a great card. I love the colors. I want an apron that looks just like this! Too cool.
super cute!! love the lightly distressed look! Hope you are feeling better. Sending you big hugs! =)
Very special Jo. Love how it turned out and I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.
This is a a beautiful set! Love the digi sewing kit since I first saw it! The pp you used is so pretty! Hope you get well soon, so sorry to hear you've been ill, lots of hugs to you!
Sweet! Love the papers you used and the pin is such a great touch!
This is so gorgeous Jo! June will love it. I love how you used the Sew Special Kit and also tied in the pin and the stitching - perfect!
Sorry you've been unwell, hope you're feeling better now. This card is so pretty. I love that Early Bird paper and your distressing looks fine to me. I bet your friend loved this
Fabulous, adorable card Jo.
luv
Debby
Hi Jo! Hope you are feeling better. Thank you SO much for the cute card you send me - love it! Great to have a stamper friend like you :)
Your "sewing card" here is very special - great card!!!!!
Sew adorable ;) Wonderful card - love the distressed look of it!
Hello You!!!!
what a pair we are, not had a good day myself today...I managed to poke myself in the eye with a huge box, one of several James left in the way of me taking the bin bag out....
Oh boy did I cry and call him allsorts, it's still sore and even though its not a hospital job, its so tender but there is no one here to whine on about it... "O Woe is me" get it, ok it was your's first but I need it now...lol
Totally love this card...I think the papers are terrific, but I have had a thing for them for a while anyway...
Loved the images...the faux sewing is a perfect touch and ties in so nicely....
Beautiful job Jo, lovely subtle distressing...
Still not had a go at making anything myself...I decided to sell some of my stash, so it took me ages to sort that out and still have loads of painting to do along with James room, oh gosh, I cant see the wood for the trees at the moment!!!
I hope your friend is feeling better soon and I bet your card brightened her day...
Hope your feeling better...I hear Alice in Wonderland is out on DVD soon, will let you know when I get it, and we can have a girly, movie themed day crafting here...
x
Vicky
Dotty I sure hope your tummy is feeling better! I love the vintage feel of this card and your choice of images are awesome! Beth
So sweet! This card is sure to cheer up your friend! I love all of the little details you've added like the lace border punch and the pin in the corner!
This is so ridiculously cute I almost cannot STAND it! I LOVE this!! Hope you are feeling better quickly!
I hope you feel much better now, your creation is lovely :-)
This is fabulous Jo, love the needle, very simple but very nice effect on the theme. Big Hugs.
OOF! of all the ways it is possible to be poorly...stomach bugs are by far THE WORST!!! hope you are feeling *SEW* much better now...and back to stamping and coloring gorgeous cards and working in the garden!!! ♥♥♥
Post a Comment