Thursday, 12 April 2012

Just saying hello....


...to all my lovely blogging buddies!

I can't believe that it has taken so long for me to get my head into gear and start card making and blogging again. A big thank you to everyone who emailed or left a comment to check up on me - you are all so kind.

It's been a very difficult few months health wise, but with the love and support of my hubby and my wonderful parents I am beginning to make progress. It's also been a difficult time because of the loss of one of my dearest friends. My beautiful, funny and wise friend Shell lost her battle with Ovarian cancer last month. Here she is at my wedding in 2004, dressed in her customary turquoise. Shell was just 38 years old, and words cannot express how much we are all going to miss her.

I'm going to try and pick up my blogging again, but please be patient with me if my posts are a wee bit infrequent or if I don't manage to comment as often as I'd want to.
Big hugs to you all, and if you want to spend five minutes reflecting on the life of someone that you've loved but who is no longer with you then please listen to this Frank Turner song. The best tribute that we can ever pay someone is to live our lives to the full and keep them in our hearts forever.

19 comments:

Sheila said...

I am so saddened to read of your friends - that horrid disease got a hold of me in 2009 but thankfully was caught in time and I am now disease free.
Lovely CAS card and such a pretty pic of all the bonny girls. Hoping to see you blogging again very soon, Sheila:)X

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

:0(

If you are feeling run down AND you lose someone close too it hits hard doesn't it. Sorry to hear things have been a struggle.
The sun is shining here now, summer is on its way mate, and you'll no doubt think of Shell more so on days like this. I think of my bridesmaid Anj who was in her 30's too, a single Mum who left behind two kids. Not fair.

Keep making these CAS cards Jo.. your are brilliant at these. Maybe make some to raise money for a Cancer charity or hospice?
Jo x

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

I have missed you.
Sending a big hug.
Chris x

Paula Whittaker said...

lovely to see you back again but sad to hear about your friend and your health...thinking of you xx

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Jo - lovely to hear from you and your card is so pretty . Gorgeous colours .
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts are with you and her family. Life can be cruel and we none of us know whats round the corner - we must live each day to the full.
Take care
Lisa x

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Jo

I have missed visiting your blog, so sorry to hear you have been unwell, hope you are on the road to recovery now. How sad to hear about your friend, I also have a friend who died from this last year, she was an old school friend, a group of us used to keep in touch and now we are missing one of the gang. She was 55 a wife and mother, this is certainly a terrible disease. Looking forward to seeing you blogging again, I love your CAS card so pretty.
Hugs to you
Sally

DesignerDiva said...

Hi Jo, welcome back Hunny I missed you. I hope you are OK, so sorry to hear about your friend, I lost a chidhood friend a couple of years ago now and I still find it hard to accept she has gone, I didn't expect to lose people of my generation for quite a few years yet! Things like that show us we must live our lives as we don't know whats around the corner.
Your little card is beautiful, I hope you get some joy from your craftin' I know I do
Hugs Laurie xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, It's good to have you back but I'm sad to hear about your friend and that you have been unwell, oh dear, life's just not fair:{ I really hope you feel better soon.
Your card is lovely:0)
So I'm sending you a big hug, Gay xxx

Victoria said...

So sorry to read about your friend Jo. I'm sure you will continue to be a good friend and support to her husband and daughter too.

Beautiful card - good to see you blogging again
Love
victoria
x

Deirdre said...

Sending HUGS to you. Take care of yourself.

~amy~ said...

I'm sooooo sorry for all the sadness....please take care of yourself...love your CAS card...great colors and scoring.

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jo, so sorry to hear about your very sad news hun. Sending you a huge hug.

Donna x

downrightcrafty said...

what a lovely card and so sorry to hear that you have had such a loss
big hugs Kate x

Emma Williams said...

Lovely to see you back again...I had been wondering if everything was ok but didn't like to bother you!! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and to hear you're not well...
Sending lots of hugs full of tlc and if you ever need to chat...don't hesitate to get in touch! :)
Your card is lovely, as always.
Love Emma xxx

Jules said...

Hi Jo

Lovely to have you back in blogland .. .. so sorry you haven't been well. I hope things continue to improve for you (and quickly). What would we do without our families.

So sad to read about your friend too :-(

Love Jules xx

Shelby said...

Glad to see you back and hope your health continues to improve. So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend!

Shelby

Vicky said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Jo, and so young too. Great lyrics to the song - never heard it before - says it all doesn't it.

Take care

Vicky xxx

Elise said...

First of all - YOU made a stunning BRIDE! Second of all, I am SO completely sorry for your loss. Oh, how that is utterly unfair. Third - didn't KNOW that you were under the weather! So sorry, my DEAR. Ugh, do I feel like an even WORSE bloggy friend. YOU are in my heart, ALWAYS! Such perfection in this elegantly simple card - kind of puts it all into perspective. Delightful you, my hugs and prayers from a far!

Linda Brun said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and to hear you have been unwell. I'm sending you hugs, thoughts and lots of love.
hugs