Well good morning bloggers, it's another soggy day here in Birmingham, UK. If it rains much more I'll have to buy the cat a boat.
Here is another offering for the current sketch challenge over at Less is More. I love this stamp from Stampendous which I found on eBay recently. The image is taken from one of my favourite paintings by John William Waterhouse called 'The Soul of the Rose'.
I stamped in Versafine and embossed with clear powder before colouring with Promarkers. The sentiment is one that I had made a few years ago. Unfortunately, it fell off the block onto the page so it looks a little thicker at one end than it should.
So what does a cat do when he can't go outside? He makes himself comfy by my craft table and snoozes the day away... not a bad old life is it?
Happy crafting everyone!



27 comments:
Fabulous card Jo, beautiful colouring, so elegant ! x
wow that stamped image looks amazing - love it!
Ive always loved Waterhouse and this card is gorgeous! Your cat looks pretty comfy too. :)
Love the card - great image and delicate colouring!
Love the stamp and the beautiful colouring!
Val x
Lovely card, and gorgeous colouring. What a contented looking cat.
Jo x
Your colouring is FAB, love the stamp.
what a gorgeous image Jo - love the way you've coloured her.
Wow! Jo, this is a stunning card, love the image. Ooh! your lil' kitty looks very comfy in his bed. Yep! a hard life. lol!
Donna x
This is a gorgeous card... what a fab image!
As long as the cat is comfortable... all's well with the world.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
gorgeous stamp for your focal image Jo. And your cat looks very cosy there.
What a gorgeous image Jo and beautifully coloured too. My cat is hibernating in the armchair next to my desk and occasionally opens an eyelid to check the weather!
so stunning jo.i love this stamp and your cat is just like mine.they could be twins.
xx coops xx
Beautiful card,I love that stamp and your lovely colouring.Jean x
hi - Just been nosing around your blog loving all the CAS cards you have been creating - they are stunning - love Nic
Great card, love the simple ones. Your cat looks really comfy there!!
hugs Vicky x x x
WOW!!! This is soo beautiful and the title of your post so perfect for it!
Hugs, Karin
You made the sentiment?! Awesome! Love the coloring of that pretty image!
What a fabulous find on eBay, love the image and how you've shaded it :0) I wish my little terrier would be content with staying in and looking at the rain!!!!
Jenny x
Beautioful card Jo and such an elegant image, love the small lettering too! Your cat looks too comfy :) Donna ♥ x
Gorgeous card Jo, I have that stamp, I didn't know it was part of a bigger painting, it's just lovely! Thanks for your kind comments, Gay xx
This is absolutely gorgeous! Great coloring!
Lovely card & I agree that image is fab.
I've seen the painting before but never the stamp :)
Jo, you've done a fabulous job colouring it so it looks like a small painting -- absolutely stunning card!
Beautiful card, and the CAS look is just perfect for that fabulous image.
Beautiful CAS card. Love it
Stunning card Jo, I love that image xx
Post a Comment