Friday, 24 August 2012

A ripping good time!

Morning guys, I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend.
I'm breezing in at the last minute with my LIM card for the current challenge which is 'Tearing'.

 
I've had this idea in my head for most of the week but didn't get the opportunity to get into the craft room until yesterday. The 'tearing' element is very subtle and forms the bands of colour on the centre panel. Nice and simple to do, especially if you use a long post-it note!

The image is Em's Mixed Media Flowers from Stampingbella and the 'sentiment' is a very old Technique Tuesday journalling stamp which I found on eBay. I coloured with Distress inks and added plenty of Stickles. IRL this looks lovely, but hasn't photographed well.

That's the end of the crafty bit of this post but if you want to stick around here are a few pictures from our mini-break in Somerset. We stayed at a lovely pub called The Woolpack in Beckington, near Frome.

Frome is pronounced Froom, to rhyme with broom, and is a pretty town with a gorgeous little arts/crafts centre and a great arty vibe.
One of the highlights of our break was a visit to Stourhead House.
The house and grounds are stunning... and the naughty cream tea wasn't bad either!

 
 

Another highlight of our few days away was an evening with Frank Turner and his band The Sleeping Souls. We hung around after the concert and were lucky enough to get to meet and greet with Frank!

And of all the things that I could have said when meeting one of my musical heroes what did I actually say?
'Ooooo, you're tall'



Have a good weekend everyone!


28 comments:

Marie said...

What a stunning card, Dotty. Love how the flower stems draw your eye right to the sentiment.

Paula Fuller said...

What a cool idea for your card...def need to CASE this one :)

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card and fabulous photos too.

Sue

Unknown said...

Love what you've done with your card Dotty - it's really effective. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. You certainly were down in our neck of the woods and glad you know how to pronounce Frome!!! We go to Stourhead quite frequently as it's just up the road to us - wonderful place.

Karen x

CinnamonSally said...

Stunning card Jo and thanks for sharing your photos, looks like you had a great time in Somerset!

Vicky said...

Beautiful card Jo...and great pictures too...glad you had a lovely time hun...xx

Mandi said...

Fntastic card, lovev thte colours
thanks very much
mandi
LIM

The-crafty-corner said...

Hello there-Beautiful card,really lovely :) x

Traceyr said...

♥ that tearing technique and the colours used are my favourites, mixed together with the glitter and glossy accents makes for a wonderful card.

Not heard of that band but yes he is tall! haha.

:)

Chrissie said...

Many apologies for the tardiness of my visit this week, a cruise to Norway intervened somewhat!
Thanks for your lovely submission and fab photos.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Shelby said...

Awesome pictures and looks like you had a great time. Beautiful card and love the greens and blues together.

Shelby

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Jo and thanks for sharing your break away photos. Love seeing other people's holiday photos.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Lvve this beautiful creation. Coloring background and stamping is awesome. You are really a LIM Queen!
Wish you a nice weekend,
groetjes Anja

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I forgot, thanks for sharing the beautiful photos too!

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation such a stunning LIM card gorgeous colours and love the sparkle
Hugs Kate xx

shirley-bee said...

I love the bands of colour on this card. They go really well with those funky flowers and sentiment. Lovely!

Joyce said...

Beautiful card, and your tearing adds just that extra touch. Looks like a wonderful vacation, too.

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, So sorry it's taken so long to get back to you :0) A bit snowed under here:0)
Your card is gorgeous, the image is unique I love the colours and torn background:0) Looks like you had a fab break away, so glad you got to meet one of your musical heroes, well he is tall LOL!! Great pics Jo, I love the one of you laughing, brilliant! Hugs Gay xxx

JoZart Designs said...

Love your ripping good card. quite stylishly contemporary. I really enjoyed your tour of Frome and it looks like a great trip.
Thanks for joining in the fun for my blog candy and I think I'll enter you as Squeaky Sorrel... or may be Pip, or Nibbles ...oh, never mind they're all fab fun.!!
JoZarty x

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Jo, LOVE your fabulous splodge flower stamp!
Gorgeous pics of your break too ... if your mojo's staying there it's doing well, don't think mine is anywhere so fancy! Ahhh, you've just reminded me of the scrummy cream teas in Cornwall, think I've put on 2lb just drooling about them! :)

Alice said...

love the colors you used and really cool design! love your pretty card, Jo! and thanks for sharing all the pretty photos!

Margie said...

I missed this one last week but its fab. Also very interested in your holiday pics - Frome looks like a great place.

Cathy A said...

Love this torn card, the colour combo is perfect!

Victoria said...

That's a fantastic use of tearing and the end result is brilliant! Lovely photos too!

Sarah Anderson said...

stunning, sorry I keep repeating myself, but it is! love the flowers in particular!

Linda Brun said...

A very artsy and cool card Jo. I love the colors and the image.
Looks like you two had a wonderful mine-break. Thank you for sharing pictures. Hugs
Linda xxx

Faye said...

Love, love, love this card. X

Godelieve said...

Fabulous card!!