Now here's something you don't usually find on my desk...
Acrylic paint, chipboard, a paintbrush, Distress ink and what appears to be (but isn't) a tiny pair of handcuffs!
I decided to try and make a little chipboard album into a little book and here's my progress so far. I actually wish I'd taken the photograph at an earlier stage as my desk was totally trashed. This picture was taken after a good tidy up... and the removal of my cat.

I've purposefully kept the colouring to the bare minimum and let the beautiful illustrations and script take centre stage.
If I'm brave enough I'll share the finished book! As always, I've learnt so much while working on this project. One crucial tip I'll share is not to allow a large black and white cat to sleep on your desk while acrylic paint is drying.
I'd do some things differently on another project, but am amazed at how close to my original plan this little album has turned out.
Time to go visiting the rest of the WOYWW gang starting, as always, with the wonderful Julia...


26 comments:
your album is really cute,my cat likes to sleep near me when i craft also
have a super woyww
kay #82
Such adorable stamped images :)
I hope you will share the rest.
Mary Jo #107
Hi Dotty Jo - Lovely mini and great use of acrylic paint. Is your cat a bit pink or are your tags a bit fluffy I wonder!! WOYWW Hugs from Helen 19
I love the words on your tag and the colour is lovely. Hope you have a happy crafty week. Thanks for your nice comments on the Doodly birds
Lynn /74
looks like a fab book/album...like the sentiments/quotes
Hi Dotty,
This little chipboard book is going to be adorable! I love the sentiment that has the crow by it.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay #31
Love your album. I've got a tag book in my stash, must use it. My daughter wants to know what colour your cat is now, lol. I have a labrador who gets everywhere!!
Hugs Elliewee #84
Cute! Cute! That project is super cute :)
Katie (133)
This is fabulous!!
ha ha ha...that made me smile! That list you said you wouldn't find on your desk matches the list you would ALWAYS find on mine!!! (apart from handcuffs, I should add lol!) The album is looking great!! Trish #10
Beautiful creations!!! I can just imagine the trouble with a cat and paint!!! Made me smile
hugs Vicky xxx
Lovely little album and the edge effect really sets it off,
Lv JoZarty x
Thanks for popping in.
Hahaha,I thought for a second you'd been reading 50 Shades with your handcuffs comment!
Your book looks really pretty ... please do share the rest of it!
But! Cat hair could make a wonderful edition to your chipboard book. I used to have a bar stool next to my desk so my one cat could sleep nearby. She also would sneak up on my desk and bite my double stick tape in its holder. It used to make me crazy. Now I'll kill for one more day of chewed up tape and a helping paw from the nearby stool. The current batch of cats aren't too interested in crafting on the desk but anything on the floor is fair play. I'll bet they would suddenly get interested in the desk if there was paint involved though. I love how the book is coming out so far. You used some sweet images and I like the minimal coloring.
Very cute album!
Very cute, Dotty Jo!
:)trisha #117 this week
looks like a fun project Jo. Do share it when you are finished...would love to see it
Beautiful work!
Hugs
Chris x
Gorgeous colours and such lovely images and verses
Sue
This is lovely , look forward to seeing the finished article. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. Aud x
Love the colour combo one of my fave. Look how neat and organised your desk is. I'm in awe lol. Cath #110
You've got the handcuffs and I've got the tie...perhaps our readers will think we've been reading 50 Shades of Grey!! LOL I love your butterfly card on today's post - so pretty and summery :D
Thanks for the birthday wishes, I had a fab day!
Hugs, LLJ #1 xx
Lovely images creatig a fab book there
The bears at #98
So happy to see paint and brushes on your desk and you rock them my sweet friend <3 and I sure hope you will share the finished book. Hugs and happy weekend!
It looks so nice, I hope you share more pictures of the finihsed book.
It looks lovely, such a nice way to let the images and text do their job. And the cat tip - you won't (be able) to follow your own tip, because the cat's in charge, silly!!
Post a Comment