Sunday, 16 September 2012

Yoooohoooo, it's me again!

Hello guys, sorry it's been a couple of weeks since my last post. I've been a very busy girl as I've started my new job and am currently trying to turn this into a school library...






And as if that isn't enough I'm also about to start my Teaching Assistant Level 3 training, having completed my Level 2 last term!

As a result of all this activity cardmaking has had to take a bit of a back seat, so I thought I'd drop by and share two cards that I made using a fabulous image by Mazy Green.

I didn't colour her because I love that she looks like a quick sketch!
 
I'll try and do some visiting later as I'm missing my blogland buddies big time!
 
 
Happy crafting everyone!

22 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Jo, this card is lovely, I agree with you that the black image looks fabulous against those pretty coloured circles.

Good luck with your training and with setting up the library. Your school looks a bit like mine, only we have 9o trumpets and clarinets to find storage for while yours look like violins! I am sure your library will be perfect in no time and the kids will love visiting it..

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the image and the fabulous splashes of colours. The sentiments are beautiful too.

Sue

Maria Sabina R said...

the card looks sweet!!!
good luck and have fun with your new job!!

Dawn T said...

great cards Jo. Love the sentiments... they are perfect for your cards.

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, OOh What a super job :0) A big task but so worth it the children will be inspired to read by great surroundings, good luck!! I've been a teaching assistant and really loved working with the children:0)
I absolutely love your new cards Jo!! Your sentiments are simply perfect for these cards and I'm off to check out the artist....... Oh dear she's away:{ Have fun my friend and good luck with your studying, Gay x

Lynne in NI said...

Awww these are gorgeous Jo ... that's such a sweet image and I so LOVE your splodgy stamp!
Best of luck in your new job ... you'll have to show us the 'after' pics when you get your library sorted!

Mrs Harry said...

Hi Jo, we missed you! Hope the library gets sorted out soon so you can get back to your craft room. Your cards are great and I love your idea of not colouring in the main image, it's genius in so many ways! Take care. Pat

Crafting Queen said...

Two wonderful card!

Alice said...

really like that you chose not to colored the image yet the colorful backgrounds helped draw attention to the little girl. fabulous work as always, Jo! hope all goes well with your new job and training! =) off to check out those images. =)

Jules said...

Hi Jo

Gosh .. .. it looks like you have got a job on your hands .. .. but there will be a huge sense of satisfaction when it is all in order!!!

Loving your card. That image is gorgeous!!

Love Jules xx

Faye said...

Hope work settles for you soon. This is a lovely project. Fab colours and I'm loving the flowers. X

G Peplow said...

Thanks for dropping by Jo :0) How's that library coming? I'll bet it's all done and the kids are enjoying there lovely new space LOL Have a great weekend, Gay x

Vicky said...

Wow Jo - fabulous cards, love the image perfect uncoloured with the coloured circles - very professional.

Your library photos remind me of the library my son got involved in creating back in Primary school, he is studying for A levels now - how time flies! :)xx

Emma Williams said...

You've definitely been missed in blogland but hope the new job is going ok!!

As for your card.....WOW!!! It's stunning and I love how you kept the main image uncoloured...it works so well! FAB!!
Hope you're ok... xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Good luck with your new job Jo, looks like you have a wee challenge on your hands with that library too! :) I love the smell of school libraries! ;)

Your card is so cute - she doesnt need any colour, you are right. Great sentiments and your splashes of random colour are perfect with this too!

hugs

xxalisonxx

G Peplow said...

I'm baaaack! Thanks for dropping by:0) I need to go back to school, spelling poor:{ 'their' not there, oh dear, hope you're all good, :0) Gay x

Lynne in NI said...

Hey Jo, just checkin in with you! Hope your new job and studies are going well, and that you're managing to squeeze in some crafty time!

Linda Brun said...

Hi dear friend. I can see it is not only me that have a busy schedule these days.
Wishing you all the best in setting up the school library and training.
Very cute cards, I love the image you've used on them.
Wishing you a happy weekend.
Hugs

donna mikasa said...

Simply adorable cards, Jo! I love that you left her in B&W with the added pops of colour! So whimsical!

Best of luck with your new job and your training sessions, too! Take good care, Jo! xx

Pajalu said...

Good luck with your job & studies Jo. Sounds like you are super busy (I know that feeling). I love your cards they look fantastic

Lynne in NI said...

Lovely to hear from you Jo, glad to hear your new job is going well (you'll have to show us the pics of your new & improved library) and I hope your studies are going well. I'm sure you are looking forward to your Christmas break!

Terry said...

Good luck with your job! I love this card soooo much, great colors and great stamp!!