I've managed to squeeze in some crafting time before I go back to work next week. And what a lovely, inky time I've had using my new Distress inks!
I've kept the stamping minimal so that I could pile on the colour... such fun.

These two cards also received a swoooosh of Glimmer mist and look really lovely IRL.
For regular visitors to my Blog here is a little update of how things are progressing in the school library. This picture shows me working on a display a few weeks ago with my lovely new friends Kath and Helen.
As you can see things are really shaping up now, and hopefully the new shelving should arrive fairly soon... I can't wait to see it as I've chosen turquoise.
This picture was taken just before Helen went on maternity leave. I was convinced she was going to have the baby in the library, but thankfully lovely Logan Samuel John arrived safely at home as planned.
The library is filling up with books and the response from the children has been wonderful. To say that they love visiting the library is an understatement! It was great to spend the run up to Christmas in a school, especially when one of the children told me in a broad Black Country accent that 'Jesus is Santa's son miss'. He's only 4 years old bless him!
So happy crafting everyone, and I promise to be back soon to visit and share!


12 comments:
Very nice cards and the library looks great!
Great to see you blogging again Jo - love the cards, the backgrounds really 'pop' out against the dark card base.
Love your Distressed background Jo perfect background to your stamping. Your school library is shaping up beautifully, and great displays. I have been into school with my daughter today. She has just got her first teaching job at a local junior school and I have been helping her with various displays!!
Happy New Year to you.
Sallyx
A lovely post. gorgeous inky cards and the new library looks wonderful.
Dx
Hey Jo, it's great to "see you" :o). I love the colours you have used & everything else about your gorgeous cards. It is lovely to see where you work as well, It sounds like you are really enjoying your new job. Take care sweetie xoxoxo
Glad to see you back crafting Jo. Lovely cards. Love the great backgrounds.
Yay! Glad to see you got some crafty time Jo, these are stunners, LOVE the effect you got with your inks!
And your library looks amazing, what a transformation!
gorgeous cards, Jo! love love the colors and backgrounds. Happy New Year to you and yours! =)
Your cards are gorgeous Jo ! I love the colours of the background, simply stunning ! Thank you for following my blog, I am following you too now ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
It's me again, I just forgot to say that I loooooove the photo under your profile, it's so adorable !
What a bright and beautiful card Jo, just right for the new year! It looks like the school library's coming on brilliantly and it sounds as if the children will really appreciate your efforts. Vicky x
Just Perfect!! Love the Background. Thanks for sending this beauty to me!
Post a Comment