Saturday, 17 September 2016

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - A is for Argggh!

Ahoy there! For the new challenge over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers we've gone all piratical!

For those of you who don't already know, it will be International Talk Like a Pirate Day on Monday 19th September. As you can see, Edna and her parrot friend, are fully prepared to sail the seven seas and take part in Challenge #68 which is A IS FOR ARGGGH


There was much debate between myself and hubby over whether a pirate says "Arggggh!" or "Arrrrrrrr!" and to be honest I'm still unsure. If I see any passing pirates I'll have to ask them!

The inside of this card reads 'We all have that one special friend... and let's face it, it's usually YOU!'

So please come join Captain Edna and the crew of the SS Snarky for another fun challenge!


16 comments:

Jane Willis said...

My knowledge of Pirate Language is drawn mostly from Treasure Island, where I'm pretty sure they said "Arrrrrr" but then it's about 45 years since I read it so I can't be certain. And in any case, the pirate in that wasn't a cat, I'm pretty sure pirate cats have a language all of their own (in which everything translates to "Feed me").
Super card, cute and witty at the same time
Jane

Barbara Godden said...

Well the stamp with the pirate set is Arrrgh, so that's what I went with. Super cute kitty card.

Tracy said...

LOL love the sentiments. My vote is for Arrrr. :-) Hugs!

Majo said...

One of the best, I just love it ♥

Lindsey said...

I was debating the same thorny issue... one internet forum (because of course there's a forum on it) had the suggestion that perhaps pirates say arrrr for yes and argggh for no. I like that idea! And I like your card! Cap'n Jack Kitty is too cute! Fun stencilled background, too.

Lynne in NI said...

Hahaha love it! I think the last pirate I met said Arrrrrrrr!

Donna said...

Ha ha ha crew of the SS Snarky! Captain Edna!!
LOL - you are so funny!
I love this card, the cat, the sentiment, the diamond background...fab job sistah!

Dawn T said...

Too cute. Love the punny sentiment.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Ha ha! LOVE this, and I'm voting for Arrrrrrr :-)

Paula Whittaker said...

Love the quote/sentiment - made me smile. Fab fun card x

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, fun card! I think 'argggh' is when they fall off the end of the gangplank, so I'm going with 'grrrrr' ;)

Printable Art said...

Arrrr Fabulous Job says this pirate!

Billie A said...

Sweet card. I love the sentiment. Fun card.

Der Wollmops said...

Oh what a cuuuute little pirate ;-) Love that one!
Tamara (from herzkoeniginspapertales.com - can't post with that name due to OpenID issues)

PL Keenor said...

My Twitter feed was full of people trying to talk like pirates! I wish there'd been a few more cat pirates!

That's Purrfect

Marina said...

Such a cute interpretation of the theme - he looks fabulous against the harlequin background.