Saturday, 15 October 2016

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge #70 - D is for Day of the Dead.

Edna is looking a little pale, and yet, somehow, strangely glamorous with those gorgeous roses in her hair!



I have to be honest and admit that although I'd heard of this festival, I knew little or nothing about it. After some quick Googling, I discovered that Dia de los Muertos is a holiday celebrated in Central and Southern Mexico on 1st and 2nd November. This festival coincided with the Catholic celebration of All Soul's and All Saint's Day and the indigenous people combined this with their own ancient beliefs of honouring their deceased family members. Mexicans believe that the gates of heaven are opened at midnight on October 31st, and that the spirits of all deceased children (angelitos) are allowed to reunite with their families for 24 hours. On November 2nd, the spirits of the adults come down to enjoy the festivities that are prepared for them.


This card was made as an anniversary card for my hubby. I adore Janet Klein's Vera Lane Studio images and would happily buy each and every one of them. I love these two little zombies who are all dressed-up and ready to party!

To see what the Sisterhood have created please head here and be warned, there's some seriously fabulous inspiration waiting for you with zombies and sugar skulls aplenty!

11 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Like you, I've learned such a lot while swotting up for this challenge - next thing we're all going to want degrees in Snarkology! I love your card, it's actually really romantic in a very off-the-wall way.
Jane

Mimi said...

Yes, this would totally work on my hubs! These creepy kids are so cute! Need me some!

Pia S said...

This card caught my attention immediately. I love the detail of the lime green panel and how it frames this couple. Super fun alternative to the more traditional choices of images for anniversary cards. This is my cup of tea:)

Donna said...

Love love love!
Love the images, love the sentiment, just perfect!
Fab job sistah!!

Barbara Godden said...

Super cool Anniversary card, Love it!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Heee what a fab Anniversary card! Great story too, that would be great to have your loved ones back for a party ... though maybe not if they actually looked like that ;)

Nicole Parmentier said...

Ah, how romantic!! These cute zombies are to die for!!

Lindsey said...

I love this card! How awesome that it's an anniversary card for your husb. So much fun!

Chris Dring said...

What everyone else said. This card ROCKS!

Unknown said...

Your card is amazing! I love the Vera Lane images - and yes, I learned something today. Thanks a lot ;)

Hugs,
Jessa

Monika Reeck said...

yay
two spooky kids hehe
sweet and love the colors too
cute cute cute Jo