Welcome, welcome, welcome! For Challenge #71 my fabulous sistahs have pulled-out their watercolour paints and got busy!
I struggled a little with this challenge, making card after card but not being satisfied with any of them. I'd had the idea for a Wizard of Oz style card in my head for ages but it wasn't until I saw this card, made by Lydia at Understand Blue, that I had a 'sentiment' to match with the image.
The background was made with Brushos. Brushos are tiny tubs of crystallized/powdered watercolour paint and believe-you-me, a little goes a very long way! The shoes are from a cute Hero Arts set that I used before to make this card.
I made this card for the lovely Shirley Brampton: hope you had a fun day, sweetie!
The Sistahs and our fabulous GDT, Lauren, have created some watercoloured wonders for your delight and delectation, so why not head on over and take a look...



18 comments:
Such a fun card Jo and such a lovely blue, love the sentiment and those sparkly shoes!!!
Oh Jo
looks vintage
cool sentiment and nice shoe too hehe
I see red shoe there
cute cute
I am sorry was busy making job application
not go around my friends blog
hppe you are well Jo
and I miss your visit too but I knew you must be busy like me
biiig hugs from old Hero Arts Flickr friend
Monika
I LOVE THIS... you rocked this one Sistaaaah!! I am sooooo CASEing this card idea and sentiment - beautiful and snarky all at the same time - Swoon
Gorgeous background awesome card!! I haven't ventured into the paints yet, have some too.
Great card Jo, love the sparkly shoes and fab sentiment.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is awesome!! Love the background and THOSE SHOES!!!
Fab job on the challenge sistah!!
ohhhhh my gosh, that's hilarious and OF COURSE the background is outstandingly cool as well!!!!! so happy to be "queen of snark" this fortnight! :)
Hahahaha love it!
I quite fancy having a play with those brushos, oh dear, there goes my crafty budget again ;)
Hehe, this is fabulous, Jo! I can go with that sentiment ;)
And the card looks lovely on my mantelpiece, thank you so much!
Oh how I love this card! The sentiment is brilliant, as is your watercolour work.
You've just totally rewritten the Wizard of Oz for me, I'll never be able to think of it in the same way again! Brilliant card and fab sentiment
Jane
awesome Jo. A really fun card. Your Brushos background is lovely
I'd die for those shoes! great job, Sistah ♥
Love it, such a fun card :o) Hugs, Lisa x
I love the card and may have to steal the sentiment (although I did look at the card that you got the sentiment from and yours is better). Put it in my box of ideas that I never do. LOL
Great fun this card!! And executed so well. Love the effect of the brusho and yeah.. those shoes, need them too!!
This is so much fun! Love it!
Heehee!! I just adore your card! LOVE that water colored background, and your Wizard of Oz theme is perfection!!
Post a Comment