Sunday, 16 July 2017

Naughty or Nice Challenges - Challenge #41 Reminder

 Ok, so I'm a little late with my mid-month reminder post for the current challenge at Naughty or Nice... Please forgive me, I was rather unwell yesterday and then my glitter glue wouldn't dry!


Once again, I decided to use those gorgeous shoes from Deasey Designs. I'm a bit of a Dorothy nut and love all things Wizard of Oz, so I couldn't resist the opportunity to create some ruby slippers! I printed out the shoes and sentiment (having first flipped one image) and then did some masking so I could stencil a yellow brick road. I coloured the shoes with Promarkers to give a good base and finally slathered on the gorgeous icky, sticky Distress Stickles.

This card is for one of my friends at work. She's a brilliant teacher and has just got a richly deserved promotion, so this little card will be waiting on her desk on Monday morning!

The Troublemakers have created some gorgeous cards for this challenge, so why not hop on over to the blog and join in the fun!

10 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

Loving the card (but you know I love anything Wizard of OZ or Alice!)...do hope you're feeling better now xx

Cara said...

Brilliant card with a great sentiment. Hope you're feeling better today x

Billie A said...

Great card. Fun stamp and awesome sentiment. Love the color choices.

Dawn T said...

Fabulous card Jo. Those glittery red shoes are stunning. Hope you are feeling better,

Marilyn said...

Love, love, love this card and those fabulous shoes and wonderful message.

CinnamonSally said...

Love your "Dorothy " inspired card Jo. Hope you are feeling better.

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Iove always shoe stamp
and this is also
I will try to remember and Join oh oh
I must take my Shoe stamp now hehe
but since I work in my new office I have less time to card making Jo
and my daddy come at 29 July also will be more no time to crafting
yeahhh
he will be here till middle September
I still go work and I will ask my daddy to take card the kids...
Kids has 6 weeks Holiday
Oh I love that stencil in back side too
great colors Jo
Great shoe card too!!

Monika Reeck said...

I love Deasy designs too so sweet stamp and she is from Indonesia like me too she can draw so great..I must look this digi Images Jo
thanks for the link to it.

Lindsey said...

This is perfect! Love the icky sticky Stickle finish on those shoes. ;)
(Did you ever buy any of the Graphic 45 Oz paper collection?)

Lynne in NI said...

Perfect card for a promotion, bet your friend was delighted with this, Jo!