Hi there, it's time for a brand new challenge over at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. Our theme is 'T is for Technique' and we're sharing some of our favourite ways to create new or unusual looks on our cards.
My technique is a fun one which involves inking and stamping with the reverse of your cling stamps to create an outline. This is such a quick and easy way of adding colour.
I'm not sure where I first saw this method of stamping but it's one I use from time to time. The stamp that you pick has to be symmetrical and it works brilliantly with a Mysti as you can build up layers of colour before switching the stamp around and using the side with the impression. It feels counterintuitive to work like this, and you have to think about what you are doing to avoid mistakes, but other then that it's a doddle!
In this picture you can see the stamp upside down waiting to have the raised side adhered to the Mysti. I made a few different cards in a batch using this technique as it's so easy.
My card is 'snark free' this week, but if you need a little injection of sarcasm and wit to get you through please head over to the blog and enjoy the fabulous creations of the sisterhood and Queen Jenny.
Take care and stay safe.



11 comments:
Lovely card and great technique.
I have never seen that technique before. Pretty cool.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh well look at you smarty pants!!
That is such a good idea!
I can totally see me using this as a cheat to get out of colouring :D
Love it!
Fun technique, Jo - I've used it inadvertently by putting my stamp wrong side up on the MISTI! Haven't used it purposely in a while - thanks for reminding me how great it is. Just love your butterfly trio with that lovely scripture sentiment!
Very interesting technique I must try it myself. The stamp positioner really works wonders, it's a technique creator itself. Very pretty card and it's really hard to snark on a butterfly,
How smart! Love your baby-blue-butterflies!!
Beautiful card and perfect technique for the butterflies. And it's good to remind people projects don't HAVE to be snarky, it's just encouraged! ;)
Well.. what a fabulous technique! I have never tried this but I am going to for sure! LOVE the butterflies on your card!!! ((HUGS)) Helen
Beautiful card, the technique and design in itself is gorgeous. xx [following you now]
Stunning technique Jo. Really cleverly done.
I love this idea!!! I don't think I've ever tried it but I most certainly will now! Awesome!
Post a Comment