I couldn't resist joining the fun over at CAS Christmas Challenge as I LOVE kraft, red and white as a Christmas colour combo. I kept it all very simple, and almost single layer, by adding a smidgen of coloured paper and that sweet Wplus9 image. The sentiment comes from the same set, and the snow comes curtesy of a background stamp from MFT I'd forgotten I had!
The colours are Waaaaaaaaaaaaay off in this photoghraph, and the shading on the girl's hair and hat has disappeared completely, but hopefully you can get the drift!
Edited to add: Here's the same card under different lighting.
I'm sending BIG congratulations to the gang over at CAS Christmas Card Challenge as they are celebrating their third birthday! They are such a talented bunch and, as always, the inspiration on offer is gorgeous. There are some lovely prizes on offer too, so why not head over, wish them a happy birthday and play along!


13 comments:
Jo I totally get 'the drift' and love these little huggers so much! LOve the bright red of their coat and scarf - even the snow you've added - even if I've had it up to HERE with snow! xx
=]
This is absolutely gorgeous Jo! The image is so sweet, I love the patterned paper you chose as your ground, and the sentiment is just perfect, the red and white on kraft is fabulous... It's the Mary Poppins of cards - practically perfect in every way!! Vicky x
love this one Jo. What a sweet image.
Such a fun card Jo.
Adorable image, great card. Hugs Anesha
Lovely card Jo. It is really frustrating when you can't get a good picture to show it off in all it's glory but I can assure you that it's beauty comes over xx
You do cute so really well Jo.... awesome card and yes loving all your kraft colour combos, Robyn
Adorable card, Jo! I LOVE that sweet little girl hugging the big bear! Fabulous card using the challenge colours. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!
This is absolutely adorable!
OOoh, I'm so glad I scrolled down and saw this post. A) cos I meant to say how adorable and cute it is and B) cos it reminded me that I was planning CAS kraft, red and white xmas cards while tucked up in my bed unable to sleep last night, or more probably this morning. This card is just adorable Jo. Love the cute huggy pair. Hugz
Such a sweet card Jo, love your little bear and great use of the DP. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas:)
Such a darling image (I remember winning this stamp at Kickstart - thx again!) and I love how you used it here, Jo!! So fun with the patterned paper and the background snow!!
You're not the only one who had trouble getting the colours right in your photo! I had the same problem with my two cards for this challenge - there's something tricky about kraft! But nonetheless, your card looks fabulous in both photos. Love the snowy background stamp and the use of the dp for the snowy ground. The bear and little girl are adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!
Post a Comment