There's a fun new challenge starting today at Let's Squash It!
For the whole of September we'd like to see you use a numerical or alphabetical embossing folder AND the sanding technique!
We have a brilliant guest to inspire and impress (see what I did there?) and a terrific Technique Time from Gail to get you in the mood.
This is what I made. I used Sizzix Texture Fades/Tim Holtz - Numeric Folder and embossed a piece of Duplex card which is pink on one side and orange on the other. By sanding the pink I revealed the orange layer. This is a fun, but fairly messy technique as I ended up with clouds of paper powder!
I very much hope you come and join us at Let's Squash It!

10 comments:
So fun with the jumbo cake and trio of girlfriends, Jo! Just love the sanded numbers in the background too!!
Hi Jo, your card is very beautiful! Love the vibrant colours and the image, and such great idea sanding a duplex cardstock!! I have never thought to this solution! Thanks for sharing!
It's been so long since I used this technique that I had totally forgot about it. Thanks for reminding. The paper you usd is awesome for this purpose and the image is fun.
What a gorgeous card Jo.
Awesome card. Love those tropical colours and the fun AI stamp. Yes, I think all future sanding will be done outdoors to reduce dust bunnies in the house..... Hugz
Love the hot pink and orange combo, the Duplex card worked perfectly for this and those AI gals are great fun with that ginormous cake, beautifully coloured too!
Oooh I love how your embossing turned out Jo, what a fab effect!
Hello Jo - who knew you were in the Sisterhood - not me! I hereby vow to play along more with Squash and other challenges!
Hugs
Di xx
Hi Jo I just love that fun image it made me smile I also love how you have created the base embossed card with the sanding technique it really looks great, Jo thank you so much for popping by my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment
hugs
lorraine x
I love that stamp and your beautiful vibrant background is just perfect with it. Looks fab.
Post a Comment