Tuesday, 16 August 2022

Reminder Time at Christmas Kickstart Challenge




It's Reminder time at Christmas Kickstart and we're playing with a fun theme...


Our elfin inspiration for this month comes from the very lovely Gail over at Crafty Nomad.



Here's what Gail made for the challenge:


I just love this card and MUST add that fun image to My Wish List. I like that Gail made a shaped card and I admire her positioning of the snowman/cat combo, which is perfect inside the double frame.

I don't have too many shaped-dies, but I wanted to make my Inspired by... card a shaped card, so here's the result!


I tried to capture the double-border of Gail's card by using Distress Inks and layering to get a similar effect. I wasn't going to add a sentiment, but my gnome looked lonely without one.

The stamp is from Two Jays Stamp Company and is called Gnomes. The sentiment is from Merry Gnomes by Janes Doodles. I'm linking my gnome to the very talented Die Cut Divas as their current theme is shaped cards. 

I used the same stamp combo for this card:


Just gotta love a ginger gnome!

Rudolph has done us proud with a gorgeous little stamp set as his Random Challenge Prize for August. 



There are currently #35 gorgeous cards in our gallery for this challenge - Christmas cardmaking has begun big time across Cardland, so why not join the fun and come play along!

9 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute gnome cards and fabulous image on Gails card
Carol x

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the round and the ginger gnome. Thanks for your kind words and for having me elfing out. Hugz

Dawn T said...

awesome - love your gnomes.

Cindy C. said...

The shaped gnome card is simple but so fun!! Thanks for joining us this August at Die Cut Divas.

Arlene said...

Your cards are so cute. Someone is going to love being the Gnomebody like you when they receive this card.

Thank you for entering the Die Cut Divas August challenge for shaped cards.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

YEP! Gotta love a Gnome and I love both of yours and their cards too, Super work.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling gnomie in his circle, Jo - love this!! So glad you shared with us at Die Cut Divas too!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

PS - love the other gnome with his presents too - forgot to say it earlier!!

Greta said...

Your cards are really cute, Jo!