As many of you will now know the Sisterhood are missing a very special lady as our dear friend Lindsey passed away towards the end of last month. We're struggling to come to terms with her loss and our hearts go out to Lindsey's husband, Burke, and to her family and friends as they miss her too.
In tribute to Lindsey the Sisterhood have created some beautiful cards, inspired by things that she loved, and also by the colour palette she'd chosen for a Color Hues Challenge. The Color Hues gals have been joined by Lindsey's teamies from Seize the Birthday for their own special challenge.
Lindsey was so loved by the stamping community and over the years graced many teams with her creativity, wit and warmth. I first got to know her when we rocked-up as newbies on the Naughty or Nice Challenges team in 2016. After a few months we were running the challenge together and emailing frequently.
Before taking very early retirement, Lindsey was a school librarian. In 2016 I was working as a librarian in a primary school and we quickly bonded over having experienced many of the same ups and downs in our careers. We also shared a love of books and often passed recommendations to one another. Our cats Duncan and Custard also chatted about their love of laps and warm blankets!
Somehow, I missed the 'i' off martini.
Making this card has not been easy, however I knew which set I wanted to use quite quickly. Lindsey loved a glass of wine and a cheeky cocktail or two and so this idea came together.
The stamps are from Martini Time from MFT and the background was created with a cute Funky Fossil stencil.
When I was stamping the card I couldn't decide whether to put the sentiment directly on the card or raise it up on a banner. I decided to stamp it directly onto the background and then, if it didn't look right (I had a hunch it wouldn't) I could 'hide' it under a die cut banner. This is what happened when I stamped onto the card...
Lindsey, would have enjoyed this and we'd have had a good chuckle over the error.
Thank you for being my friend, Lindsey, and please know that you will always be the vodka to my martin.


13 comments:
Lovely card, beautiful write-up and yes a giggle would be had over the sentiment faux pas.
What a great card and a wonderful tribute to your friend. It has been so sad to read all the tributes to her. she definitely was loved very much in the crafting community and beyond xx
I didn't know this lady, but your write-up of her, is really heartfelt and lovely. As for your card, love the spelling mistake and everything else.
Faith x
Awwwwwwwww sistah - your post made me smile and teary!
Your project is so very Lindsey - and I love love love that the I was missing off the martini sentiment - clearly it was meant to be on a banner.
xoxo Donna
So sorry you lost a friend, Jo - always so tough! Just love your tribute card with purples and blues and the fun shaker w/martini!!
Beautiful card love the stamps and stencilled background.Sorry to hear about your teammate Lindsey
Carol x
So sorry for your loss. Love your hard, great sence of celebration. Anesha x
A gorgeous tribute to an awesome friend Jo. Sad when someone you just "click" with passes. Feels like a part of you has gone too! I'm sure Lindsey would have loved this one. Hang in there sweetie!
I loved reading this, as difficult as it is. Given that Martin was part of her name I think this is totally fun. Wonderful card.
I thought I was done tearing up until I read your post! Great card that Lindsey would have absolutely loved. I miss our daily chats immensely! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues. Cyber hugs to you too!
Lindsey would totally love the vodka/"martin" oops, and definitely would have gotten a good laugh out of that! Your card and tribute to her are fabulously wonderful. Hugs
What a beautiful tribute to Lindsey! I am learning what a wonderful role she played in the cardmaking community. Your card raising cheers in purple and blue is a great addition to our gallery. Thanks for joining us at the Color Hues!
What a fab fun card you created in tribute to your dear friend. Lindsey was such a talented lady. Sending hugs xx
Post a Comment