Monday, 11 March 2024

O Christmas Tree, Tree, Tree and Tree...

 


An afternoon of crafting has certainly improved this Monday!

I wanted to make a card to play along over at Jingle Belles with Steph and Lauren, and also a few other lovely challenges I'd spotted.
 
Steph and Lauren's current theme is Die Cuts and I was thinking layered snowflakes, until I pulled out this Happy Christmas die from Creative Expressions and noticed that it had a little 'shelf' after the word 'Happy'. 🤣🤣🤣


I die cut three Christmas trees using Sizzix Stacked Tiles, Triangles and assembled my card. Just three trees just didn't look right, so I added a fourth! 

This was so quick and simple to make and I used up some of my most fiddley, tiny pieces of DP too! 

I'm also going to link to these lovely challenges:


I do love the DT makes over at Just Us Girls. My one other colour is RED! 

The lovely Darnell's NBUS Challenge #60


Peace on Earth who are playing with Green for Challenge #59, as prompted by this gorgeous Mood Board...


and, finally, the good folk over at Shopping Our Stash who are looking for mostly green projects for their Challenge It's Not Easy being Green.


What a lot of challenges! I think I'll need a lie down after I've tided up.

I'm looking forward to my friend coming over tomorrow. She did a heat embossing course recently and I couldn't believe they'd had the nerve to charge a fee for just a few scraps of paper with a single embossed image on each. What a cheek! I've promised her we'll make something nice, and that I won't charge for the tea and biscuits!

Happy crafting, folks. 

15 comments:

Aquarius said...

That's such a good idea to use that 'shelf' on the sentiment - lots of possibilities there. Enjoy your crafty day tomorrow

Sarn said...

Fab Christmas card - and genius use of your snippets like you say!

A heat embossing COURSE? How much more is there to say than stamp with embossing ink, sprinkle powder on top and HEAT? Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for refreshments later xxx

Dawn T said...

great card Jo. Awesome idea to use the "shelf"

Lia said...

What a clever idea: making a christmastree this way!
Lia DT POE

Bobby said...

You picked some great snippets for your trees, Dotty Jo, and that shelf was the perfect place to put them. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Carol said...

Pretty stacked trees with those great patterned papers.I lvoe the "shelf" for them too! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls with green lime + a color of your choice.

lauren bergold said...

Oh my gosh, such a beautiful card, wonderful combination of elements and fabulous color choice... but the four-in-one triangle trees are BLOWING MY MIND! sooooo very cool! So pleased you could join our diecutting fun at Jingle Belles!

SmilynStef said...

awesome job using that little word shelf ... those triangle trees are super-fun ... so very glad you shared your die cuts with us at Jingle Belles.

Lisa Elton said...

That sentiment was made for that tree! Love the cute mix of patterns you used on your tree, Dotty Jo. This is a fun card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

Barbara Godden said...

Great card, love the sentiment die and it worked perfectly with your :scrappy) trees.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love how you did the quartet of patterned trees above the stacked sentiment, Jo - gorgeous!!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jo this is such a lovely CAS style festive creation the sentiment is great I think that 'shelf' is perfect for so many things like sitting Tilda's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this that Christmas Tree looks perfect on the ledge
hugs
lolo x

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

ionabunny said...

The tree is fab. Ah, you underrate your skills. Seems everyone wants to charge for a little bit of knowledge now-a-days. That's why we are poor crafters cos we think we should just pass on knowledge bwahahahhahahahaaa. Enjoy your crafty time with friends. HUGZ

Greta said...

So beautifully creative, Jo! Love your use of printed paper for the trees and I'd say the 4th tree was a great idea!