Hi everyone, it's time for our Reminder post over at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge.
Our theme is:
Challenge #103 - Snow Alert!
Loll has kindly created a second card for our challenge, and you can see it here in all it's glory.
I discovered just how hard it is to get splatters that look as good as Loll's do! I decided I needed a splatter brush and bought a TH one, but I have to say that I just made a mess with it. I'd certainly welcome some tips and hints on getting a good splatter effect from any of you guys who are in the know. The little deer is from Avery Elle and the set is called Dasher, so I shouldn't really have given him a red nose!
Rudolph has another fun prize for this challenge, so why not drop by and take a look. Loll and I hope you'll come and play along!
Here's a quick reminder of Loll's first card for our challenge.
I really love this card, and had so much fun spending time looking at all the gorgeous details. Loll's colouring is awesome and the scene is just perfectly balanced and put together, but I decided to steal her fabulous signature paint splashes and that great torn paper effect. here's the result:




3 comments:
Adorable Dasher sprinting over the torn edged snowbank, Jo - love it!!
He had to have a red nose :) Love your card Jo. x
Oh my gosh ... I'm so sorry it took me so long to see your adorable card. Love that reindeer that is so happy prancing in the snow! :) Especially love the colours of the winter sky.
Adorable card Jo! I usually do OK with my splatters, but you'll see a card in a few days where I completely messed it up ... I posted it anyways. :) I use an old, large paint brush (probably a size 10 or larger). The bristles are complete worn and scrubby looking. It works great to hold the paint and then I just tap the handle. I also bought a special tool for splattering ... it's easier to use my brush (and easier to clean afterwards). :) Love, Loll
Post a Comment