Lynne is such a sweetie, and a very talented card maker... she is also something of a dare devil as you will see if you take a look at her post for yesterday!My next 'thank you' is for the adorable Paula as she has sent me a 'Me-Me' blog award!
Thank you Paula, that is so kind of you!After accepting this award the recipient has to share seven secrets and then pass the award to seven people of their choice. I hope that Paula won't mind if I take a few days to 'chew' on that one before awarding my 'magnificent seven' and sharing my seven deadly sins/secrets!
I was hoping to feature a photograph of a truly beautiful necklace that Lauren sent me after I admired it on her blog a little while ago. However, there isn't much sunshine around today and the pictures that I took do not do her gorgeous jewellery credit. I will re-shoot it in better light and include it in a later post. Lauren is planning to start her own Etsy shop. I think she will be very successful as this necklace is beautiful and her artwork is outstanding.
My final 'thank you' is for my Mom's friend Pat. Yesterday at Mom and Dad's Golden Wedding 'Friends' Party, Pat gave me a HUGE tub of pigment ink stamps! I just had to make her a card to express my gratitude! My parents will be celebrating all week long as it is my Mom's birthday tomorrow, and then it is the big 'Family' party next Sunday. Lot's more fun to be had!
Mom's friend Pat has three cats, so I know she will love this image from Eat Cake Graphics (thanks Lynne - I love it!). The little fish bones are from a wonderful Allnight Media set of cat stamps that I love. I stamped the black card with paw prints from the same collection in Versamark and clear embossed. However, they just don't show up as the light is so poor today. The big flower stamp is also an old and much loved stamp friend and it's from The English Stamp Company.
I thought that this little card was perfect for The Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge #51 as the theme is 'Animal Antics'. Can you guess who the huffy kitty might be???
Anyone who has ever been owned by a cat will know that this is just 'oh-so-typical' cat behaviour!
Happy crafting everyone!
14 comments:
Wow! You have such wonderful, giving friends. I love the cat card ( and cats and I don't get along. So that is saying something) I think it's so cute!
Ohhhh, sweet one! YOUR MOM AND DAD HAD A GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY! That is just the sweetest news! What a milestone! Congratulations to them, and YOU and ... gee, LOVE itself! {So awesome} THEN, after that!!!???!!! You still managed to kick down some serious card making like THAT!?! You are AMAZING! Okay... CAT CARD ~ SWOONING! Such a fabulous image! You have assembled this card EXPERTLY! That is a pretty common view, to a cat "companion", I've just never seen it captured! In a stamp, no less! This was such a fun and thankful post: just heartwarming! You are a DELIGHT! Thanks for giving ME a lovely start to my day!
fantastic card I love the image and the sentiment thanks so much for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx
Wow Jo, I love what you did with the huffy cat stamp, and the little fish bones are just perfect! I know what you mean about the light making it impossible to get a decent pic...autumn is definately here!
Congrats to your parents on their Golden Wedding anniversary...bet it was a good party!
These are both adorable! Congrats to your parents too!!
Oh, I love your cards! The cat card is perfect, love the sentiment, too! Congrats to your parents!!
Hugs,
Vanessa
You have been blessed this week how wonderful! The kitty card is fun and the sentiment is purrrfect! Beth
wow what a lot of goodies you got this week and I so know what you mean about being owned by a cat lol
Mina xxx
WOW what a great few days you have had, love your card for the Secret Crafter challenge, I am so grateful that you gave me the heads up with the Mo Manning digital stamps, I have signed up and once I get a printer there will be no stopping me. Hugs Avril xxx
Your card is soooo adorable!! Just love that kitty and how you have stamped your other papers too. Thank you very much for the 'tip off' by the way!! That one's a new one on me :-) Have a great week. katxx
Congratulations to your folks and I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for visiting my blog too! LOVE your cat card is really great love the clear embossed fish bones too!
and yes the flower the one that looks like a sheer is from a plastic milk bottle :0)
Hi Jo
Just 'stumbled' across you and had a look round your blog. Some lovely work and I love the black and purple card, so dramatic, you certainly achieved what you were after with that one.
B x
Fantastic take on this weeks animal antics theme! Thanks for joining us at SCSC :) Donna x
fabulous cards but I do love the cat its brilliant.
luv
Debby
Post a Comment