Well, we all have to do it sometimes don't we?One of my crafting resolutions for 2010 was to spread my wings a little and try some new techniques and styles. I've certainly achieved a complete change of style with this card!
The stamped image is a fabulous freebie from the March edition of Craft Stamper Magazine.
It was created for the magazine by the amazing 'Art Journey' who are based in the Netherlands.
I printed the Hero Arts digi-stamp 'Old Writing' onto some Basic Grey paper and then stamped the image of the girl. I distressed with black Versacolour ink. I stamped and clear embossed Hero Arts butterflies onto some matt black card, then added the Inkadinkadoo 'dream' stamp in the corner. The central panel is lifted on dimensionals.I really like this stamp so will be experimenting with a few different ways to use it.
Happy crafting everyone!
18 comments:
Wow.... love it. Sure doesn't look like it was out of your comfort zone...wow
I've got my first issue of Craft Stamper Magazine in my post this month ( 1 year subscription from Santa ) with the same stamp. I was not sure what to do with it, but now I know. Thankyou for the inspiration. Not like your usually cards, but as beautiful.
Hugs !
Thats awesome!! YOu should go out of your comfort zone more often. :)
Way to go Dotty Jo!! I like this zone on you, and who wouldn't love free! Is nice to step outside and shake it off once in awhile. I think she looks marvelous. Oz
Ooooh Jo, love this!!!
I got the mag today, don't think I'll be creating something as stunning as this with the freebie stamp though lol! :)xx
wow! this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! You should step out of your comfort zone more often!! i love love love this!! =)
For being out of your comfort zone, you rocked it! This is a wonderful card!
How cool is this? It's great to stretch your wings and try new techniques and I must say, you did it so well! Hope to see more....
I think it is lovely and I know about stepping outside the comfort zone. I think it helps your creativity!
This is so cool! Kudos to you for doing something different:)
It's definitely very eye-catching and I LOVE it when you step out of your comfort zone, always so much fun to experiment, this is a lovely card!
This is a stunning card Jo, so good to try something different. I love it.
Great job stepping out of your comfort zone! This card is fantastic. :)
Beautiful! Love how you added the text!
I love you out of comfort zone creation! This image is so cool and your background really took it to the next level! BETH
You sure can't tell that you are out of your comfort zone ~ it's beautiful :o)
Talk about spreading your wings!?! Is it possible you just flew over MY house! {Ummmm, that'd be a pretty impressive wing span, but HONEY, BABY, SWEETEHART - This is one impressive card!} I'm PROUD of you! GORGEOUS work!
This is fabulous, Jo - looks like you've just found a new comfort zone! So cool!
Post a Comment