Sunday, 20 June 2010

Happy Father's Day

Just dropping by to share the card that I made for my Dad to celebrate Father's day.

I left this one really simple so as not to detract from the stunning image of the birds.
The stamp comes from Crafty Individuals who stock beautiful red rubber plates.
They have a wide range of gorgeous images in their online store and delivery very quickly.
I coloured with Distress inks, highlighting occasionally with Shabby Shutters, and fought the urge to add any Glossy Accents, gems or ribbon. I love the fact that this block reminds me of the prints and fabrics of 'William Morris' and has a real 'Arts and Crafts' feel about it.

Finally, thanks to everyone who suggested that I try Memento Ink with my Promarkers... I have placed an order and will be lying in wait for the postie on my day off!

Happy crafting everyone!

27 comments:

Victoria said...

this is fab Jo - my father in law would love this, I might have to look at those stamps.

Memento and promarkers are a mtch made in heaven!

Now go and make something girly to satisfy your need for gems, ribbons and bling lol!

Love
Victoria
x

Nicky said...

Lovely card Jo love the clean lines of it. Jobs going great thanks xx

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is a fabulous fathers day card Jo. That stamp is stunning and you are right it reminds me of "Arts and Crafts" as well. I love William Morris fabric!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Man card Jo....Perfect as it is!!!
That stamp is great, love it!!!

Jo could you drop me your addy again, can't find it in my emails, must have deleted it by mistake

Vicky x

CinnamonSally said...

Hi me again, forgot to say Crafty Individuals also make fabulous paper pads, their Christmas ones are beautiful!!

Debbie said...

Hi Jo, Glad you decided on Memento Ink, it's my choice for pro and copics.
I agree with you about Crafty Individual Stamps I have a few of them. Earlier in the year I bought the most gorgeous tree with little thins hanging off it and a little step ladder leaning against it, it is lovely.
Your card for you dad is really nice, hope he liked it. Debbiexx

Lynne in NI said...

Wonderful card Jo, that stamp is fabulous!
Hope you had a lovely day with your Dad.

donna mikasa said...

Love this, Jo! Those birds are indeed stunning!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful! Great image and the layout doesn't distract from it at all. I love it!

Elise said...

Hello, to you, my masterful stamping friend! This is AMAZING! I love that it's beautiful and masculine all at the same time! What a gorgeous image. I wish you all the best on this Father's Day - ENJOY your dear dad, you lucky lady! xo!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Jo. Love the masculine colours :)

Lizziski said...

Love this card Jo. The colours you've used are gorgeous. Very classy

Vanessa said...

This is so beautiful, Jo!! Love your great masculine card!

Alice said...

this is gorgeous and classy, Jo! perfect father's day card! love it!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, WOW, this is really nice Jo! Love the deepness of the brown color set against the delicate blues and greens...really pretty!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is awesome DJ I love the color scheme and the images is fantastic! Beth

Deirdre said...

Jo - just love it. Great card.

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi, love the fathers day card great stamp there on 15% off at alicraft for this week only if your interested have a happy day ju x

Abounding Treasures said...

Wow! This is a fantastic card Jo :o)

I find cards for men the most challenging so really appreciate the inspiration you've shared here!!

Jill said...

LOVE this! The birds, the distressing, the overall design.... ALL AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Stunning work on this and love the blue tones
hugs June xxxx

Clare said...

Perfect! Just stunning! The coloring is fabulous!

Monika Reeck said...

Stunning main Images Jo...love you manly card...so perfect for a DAD...hugs, Monika

Traveling Mama said...

I'm sure he loved it! It's perfect! Hugs from Denmark!

Sanne said...

Uuuhhhh I love this - cool design Jo !!!!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful images and lovely background on the image.

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, YES! this is absolutely gorgeously perfect and you were so wise to resist the lure of further embellishment! (i never can, lol!) and yes, it is definitely william morris-y...which is a very VERY good thing! i am sure your dad LOVED this card!!! ♥♥♥