I fell in love with this charming image of Alice by Mabel Lucie Attwell when I saw it over at The Artistic Stamper. I also bought the small White rabbit stamp, and have used him on the inside of the card. This is version two: I finished my first attempt, stood back to admire the results and then dropped an inky stamp across the whole card. I must be fairly relaxed today as all I said was 'oh dear' before starting again totally from scratch.

I coloured with Promarkers having stamped using black Versacolour ink so that I could emboss the image. I am really struggling to find an ink that doesn't bleed when I colour and would really welcome some suggestions as to which ink to use with Promarkers as I seem to be having endless trouble.
The dark blue card was stamped in Versamark with a gorgeous Hero Arts Design Block called Flourish, and then spritzed heavily with Glimmer mist. The effect is lovely in real life, but very hard to capture on camera.
I am entering this card for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #87 , which is 'Include a quote'. My quote is from Alice in Wonderland, to fit with the illustration. I am a bit late to the party as the girls will be posting Challenge #88 tomorrow, but hopefully they won't mind too much!
I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who sent me cards, gifts and emails for my birthday on Wednesday - you are all so sweet!
I had a lovely day visiting the beautiful gardens at Hidcote Manor in Gloucestershire. 


These pictures do not do it justice as it is stunning. My hubby treated me to a posh lunch in the restaurant while we were there and I have to say that the day was just about perfect!



These pictures do not do it justice as it is stunning. My hubby treated me to a posh lunch in the restaurant while we were there and I have to say that the day was just about perfect!Happy crafting everyone, and have a great weekend!
24 comments:
Hi Jo, First off Happy (belated) Bithday to you, the garden's you visited look gorgeous.
The best ink to use in my opinion for copic and pro markers is Momento, it's no dearer than any other inks and I have it in black and brown. Debbiexx
Happy belated Birthday for Wednesday Jo. Love this sweet Alice and your card is really nice too. I've dropped an ink pad on my work before and it is really annoying so well done for your restraint! Have you tried Versafine ink? I find it doesn't bleed at all and I use watercolour pencils a lot and markers. Also memento inks don't bleed either.
Happy birthday on Wednesday - looks like you were in paradise!!!! Beautiful card too - I love the Alice image.
Deanne :)
what a fabulous card -its my favourite film!Glad you made another after the ink disaster. Did you know over at By the cute and girly , our challenge this month is something old,new,borrowed,blue... your card fits the blue element!
Love the pictures of your day out it looks beautiful.
Many happy belated birthday returns Lisa ;)
Fabulous card Jo and just love the photos
Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)
Hugs Jane x
What a fabulous card!! Love it ... so beautifully designed.
My everyone I know uses Memento "Tuxedo Black" dye ink by Tsukineko for coloring with alcohol inks. It's a deep black and it never runs or bleeds. If you want other colors, it comes in a ton of beautiful colors. Hope this helps!
Sending hugs!
Hi Jo
such a fun and beautiful card, I can see why you had to treat yourself to that one!
your birthday day out looks amazing, not one I have been ,but it looks right up my street.
Happy Birthday for when it was, I seem to have missed that one.
hugs chris xx
HAPPY {BELATED!!! Doh!} BIRTHDAY, sweet heart! Looks like you DID have a lovely one... And I'm so delighted learn of your ability to say "oh, dear" {sounds like Alice, herself!} in the midst of a crisis. Glad it all worked out so beautifully in the end.. This card is GORGEOUS! Best of luck in that challenge, sweet one...! And, as for ink advice, I'm probably late to the game, but I still swear by Staz On. I've never tried Memento, but only because I'm already heavily invested in Staz On. I use a lot of "Stone Grey" in place of black... it's just not SO black! But black, grey and brown are my go-to colors whenever attempting any ambitious color-work... I sure have never seen any sign that you struggle, however. Your work is ALWAYS exquisite!
Sorry I missed your special day...! Enjoy this one an extra bit more for ME!
Happy belated birthday Jo, sounds like you had a lovely day and the pics are gorgeous.
Love your Alice card, though I'm so over Alice in Wonderland - we had a mad hatters tea party in work at the beginning of June for our volunteers, and after about a fortnight of trawling the 'net for everything Alice related, making the invites, cutting pics of butterflies, making playing cards, and 'eat me' signs on cocktail sticks, etc etc etc I never want to see another tea party in my life! (Though its not too often you get to 'craft' in work! LOL!)
x
Head held in shame.....So sorry, I knew it was coming but never thought I had missed it, all my own fault for not jotting it down from the email I asked for you to send me it...
For a card maker I am aweful with dates and hate to say I have missed loads of them in the past with family, think its down to the fact I don't work anymore, I never know what the date is...no excuse though, so sorry, I will have to think of something to make it up to you....
Loved you card Jo, I bet you were biting your lip when you dropped the stamp on the first one though....Ahhhh
Memento inks should work better for you, never had any probs with copics bleeding, I got the tuxedo black and rich cocoa that I use loads.
Really love your Alice card and all the pic's from your day out, sounds like you had a really lovely day, you deserve it....
Vicky x
Belated Happy Birthday Jo but sounds like you had a fabulous day, Hidcote is not far from me and I used to visit regular always such a delight to see the wonderful gardens. I am also finding it a delight in your card gorgeous image.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Belated.... Happy Birthday wishes from me too Jo.♥♥♥
The gardens look lovely & the sun came out! I hope you got spoilt on your special day. :)
Your card is beautiful. I only ever use Memento with Copics & they don't bleed. Sorry for not calling sooner. Been a chaotic week & no time for blogging.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Gez.xx
Belated Happy Birthday, sweet Jo! Hope you had a beautiful day...
Love your card--especially the text on the side. Love that!
Hi Jo, fab card and a belated Happy Birthday!! I use Memento Tuxedo black with my copics and have no trouble. Hugs Jo x
wow! what a beautiful card, Jo!!! i love love love this!! thanks for the links to the stamps!! so glad you had a great time on your day! thanks for sharing the beautiful photos, too! =) have a beautiful weekend!
Happy Belated Birthday Jo and such a delightful card!!
Great card! So fun!
Happy belated birthday Jo - I´m so sorry that I missed it! Hope you had a wonderful day!
Sorry I missed your Birthday Jo, Happy belated Birthday to you, glad you had such a lovely day. Love your sweet card. I use Adirondack Black with my copics and it seems fine. If I use a digital image I heat emboss it straight from the printer found this trick on Mels blog and its great here is the link
http://melstampz.blogspot.com. Hope you have a great weekend
Hugs
Sally
Oh my! What a darling card. Could you send some of that calmness my way along with those muffins. I need calm. I am so sorry I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday! SOOOOO... HAPPY BIRTHDAY:) What beautiful pictures of those gardens. I'm so glad you had a good day.
Happy Birthday! I hope it was wonderful! Lovely card. The image is so cute. Wonderful coloring!
Fabulous card Jo and such a sweet image...belated Happy Birthday to you...hope you had a fab time...the gardens at Hidcote Manor are beautiful :) Donna x
Beautiful card Jo. I see you get lots of good tips on ink when using promakers. As long as it's not water proof it works ok with Promakers. Mementro, Distress Ink is very good. I never use Archival Ink or Staz-on ink with promakers. :-)
what a ♥FABULOUS♥ alice stamp...and i ~love~ what you have done with it! (i cannot imagine only saying "oh dear" when the first one was destroyed, however!!!)
♥happyHAPPYhaPPpPpppeeeeeeeee♥ belated birthday to you, missus! so glad you had a wonderful day! :)
Post a Comment