Saturday, 16 September 2017

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge #93 - L is for Lost and Found


I spy... Edna! It's all about 'Lost and Found' for our new challenge over at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. We're revisiting 'lost' techniques, hunting-out older or unused stamps, and combing through our stash for a crafting trip down memory lane. 


My 'Lost' is a technique that I used a few times and always loved. It's a super-easy technique which involves masking-off the edges of the card with torn paper and inking in the space between. Like the Meerkat says: 'Simples!'

I stamped the VLVstamps image of the woman and carefully masked her with a post it note. Then I used my new Distress Oxides to create layers of ink and to over stamp a variety of images. This was my first proper attempt at using Oxides, and I'm still not feeling very confident with them. I bought a few additional colours after making this card so I can play and experiment a bit more.

As always, my sistahs have had a hoot with this challenge. We hope you'll like it too, and that you'll come and play along!

15 comments:

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Ha ha! This is on a Friday night ;-)
Love your masking technique.
xxx

Donna said...

Love that image and your technique!!
Fab job sistah!

Chris Dring said...

This card is all sorts of brilliant!! OMG! That background! That sentiment! That image! I NEED THOSE!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Love the color and the image. Great job with masking her off and then doing the color. I have resisted getting the new oxides.

Mimi said...

Ooh, that's a good technique! Thanks for the reminder! Great card!

CinnamonSally said...

Great card Jo, I haven't got any Distress Oxides yet but I am sure I will add some to my stash very soon lol!

Lynne Mizera said...

Oooooooh... COOL! I kept reading and re-reading your technique instructions (huh?) and then all the neurons fired and I GOT IT!
Wowzers.... Super easy and SUPER COOL technique...I'm totally stealing... (like an artist) Grin.. Thanks Sistaaah

Barbara Godden said...

super technique and fabulous masking. I think the oxide use looks good, I need to play more with mine too. but keep watching videos and I might get better,.

Nicole Parmentier said...

That torn paper fits the image perfectly! hysterical fun card!!!

Paula Whittaker said...

Beautifully inked and masked. And I soooo love that stamp!

Majo said...

Nailed it!!! All I can say 😂

Jules said...

Hi Jo

A great technique - sometimes we are so busy trying to perfect the new ones we forget to step back to the ones we have already accomplished!

Loving the image and sentiment. It made me smile.

Hope you are keeping well.

Love Jules xx

Cara said...

That's an amazing image! Fabulous card and I think you're rocking the distress oxides!

Marilyn said...

hahahha... what a great card and it just cracks me up.

Monika Reeck said...

oh that Image...I am scary to see her or his mouth ..open sooo big hehe..
not typical of your card but it looks lovely ..love that BG Jo
hugs
Monika