Welcome to my little corner of Blogland, where I share my love of papercrafting and life!
Friday, 13 April 2018
The Library Challenge #4 - Memoirs of a Geisha
What a fabulous book cover (and what a fabulous book!) - Marina has done us proud again with great inspiration for her fourth Library Challenge.
It's quite a long time since I read this book, but I do seem to remember that I enjoyed it very much. I purposefully avoided the film in 2005 as I wanted the pictures in my head to be the images from the book and not the movie. Anyone else do that when they love a book?
Here's my take on the inspiration. I used this beautiful Donna Downey image (Colliope) from Unity Stamps and limited the palette to the colours of the book cover. The actual image is huge, so I just used a portion of it.
The other entries in this challenge are gorgeous and well worth a look if you haven't already seen them. Marina is dropping hints about Challenge #5 and she says:
"Challenge 5 starts on Sunday April 15th and we'll be heading back to the children's section for a book with a number in the title."
How very intriguing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Wow Jo, that is a stunning card. Fabulous use of that limited palette. Thanks for adding my bunny hop badge to your sidebar. Hugz
Striking card Jo and a great take on the book cover... looks fab x
Nicely done! I agree, great book.
I haven't seen the movie either, just read the book. Not so much for the same reason, more that I just never bothered to get around to it (I even bought a copy at one point). I do really like your card and the take on the cover is really well done!
I forgot that this book was made into a movie. I never saw it either, as, like you, I wanted to keep what I read and not what I saw. This is a fabulous card!
Great take on that challenge Jo, it had me stumped! I agree, the book is always a million times better than the book. (though I've never read this one)
Perfect! This card is a really fresh interpretation of the cover- I love her lipstick! Yes, I think I should sometimes not watch the film - I watched the film of one of my fave books (Under the Skin by Michel Faber ) and it was dreadful and nothing like the book! Thanks for joining The Library.
Awesome Jo! I have a friend who looks just like the woman on your card, I will tell her to buy red glasses, they will look perfect on her too!
Post a Comment