Over at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge Guest Elf Leslie from Love to Scrap 2 and I are asking you to
Fold it Fancy!
Here's Leslie and her lovely smile:
and here's a quick reminder of the stunning card she created for our challenge launch post.
You can find all the details about how Leslie made her card by clicking here.
Just look at all the crisp mountain and valley folds Leslie created. Her creasing and measuring is just spot on and gives a great result.
For my inspired by... card I knew I wanted to grab Leslie's colour palette (so cozy) and use dimension and folds to create a little scene as I love an opportunity to tell a story with a card. Here's what I came up with:
I had to add some blue Stampin' Up! paper to create the sky.
When my hubby and I go for a walk we love to see a dog with a stick, so I thought I'd include one here. The pups are from Sunny Studio Dashing Dachshund which might just be one of my favourite dog stamps ever! The signpost and sentiments are from a now retired SSS set called Christmas Cheer and the snowflakes are also from SSS, and I think that background stamp is also retired.
Thanks for the inspiration, Leslie, I would never have made this card without seeing your card first! If you want to see how to create this style of folded card take a look at Stamping Jill's fab tutorial.






2 comments:
Such a fun fold with the running dachshunds, Jo - such movement and a lovely scene behind!!
OH! My Goodness Jo, this is awesome, I love those fun dachshunds, a beautiful scene for them to run in. Love your card. I love Leslie's too. x
Post a Comment