Tuesday, 10 March 2026

Climb Every Mountain...

 

The lovely folk of Shopping Our Stash have a new challenge on offer... as they play Challenge #569 I'm Counting on You!

They'd like to see numbers on our cards and for us to use our stash.


This card is a commission for a friend of a friend. Mike is turning 80, but he's still hiking and climbing and enjoying the outdoor life. I hit my scraps box for the black card and my good card for inking and then broke out a favourite stencil for the sun rays. I don't like to charge too much for the cards I make as commissions so often use clipart images and word process a few bits 'n' bobs if I don't have suitable stamps to hand. If I can use off-cuts and leftovers I do that too as it all keeps the cost down. 

The SOS team have created some really inspirational cards to play this theme, so why not head on over and take a look! 

10 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Great personalised card Jo, I’m sure this will go down a storm!

Aquarius said...

A lovely vibrant card and it's great for an active octogenarian

Barbara Godden said...

Love it!!! Great umber card, thanks for playing along with Shopping Our Stash for the by the numbers challenge.

dj said...

You were "johnny on the spot" with our new challenge!! Speedy!! Way to go shopping your stash for this "I'm Counting On You" number challenge. We are so gld you joined the fun and played along with our challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
Deb Horst, DT #SOS569

Loll said...

Really fun card, Jo!! He is going to love his card! xx

Kate said...

What a hoot - love the last bit of that sentiment! Fabulous personalised card! Hugs, Kate!

Dawn T said...

What a stunner Jo. Very cleverly done!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Amazing, a personal card that is so apt for the person, I love it. As I'm sure he will, Just fabulous Jo. x

I Card Everyone said...

What a perfect card, Jo! I'm betting Mike loved it!
=]

Jeanne H said...

What a great card, Jo. Super well crafted.