Tuesday, 1 September 2009

So tweet!


I have been wanting to do a birdy card for a while now, and when I saw that The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge was 'Flights of fancy' I just had to play along!


I had lot's of fun with this sweet little girl from Pink Petticoat. Their downloadable images are a helpful alternative to buying, and then storing, clear or rubber stamps. There's always a great selection of images in the boutique section and shopping with them is really easy.

As you can see I am still in my turquoise and lilac phase!

I cut the printed image to size and allowed it to dry thoroughly so that I could colour it with Versacolour ink. I lifted her little wing on a dimensional and then went to work with clear stickles. The 'Merci' stamp is from a Hero Arts Clear Design set which has a whole variety of thank you messages. I wanted it to appear as if the little cage was hanging from the sentiment. The ribbon is from my stash and the beautiful swirls are from an Autumn Leaves clear stamp 'Double Scroll' by Rhonna Farrer. I haven't decided what to put inside, but I expect to go with something like: 'thanks for being so tweet!'

If anyone read my blog entry from yesterday they may be wondering how things went with the Mystery midnight snail...

Well for me I guess it has a satisfactory conclusion, but it's a somewhat hollow victory.
I was ready for war! I had my arsenal of snail murdering chemicals (and a plan to keep Custard the cat out of the lounge) and I was ready to do battle with this monstrous intruder!!!

As my hubby moved the big sofa in readiness to lay our deadly trap he discovered a small, rubbery slug lying dead by the tiny hole in the skirting board where the radiator pipe comes into the lounge. The slug looked so forlorn that I couldn't believe he had ever had the energy to cruise around decorating the rug with that silvery trail of slime. I felt such a bully and gently wrapped him in some tissue before placing him in the bin.

Am I a big softy or what?

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

Absolutely darling birdie card...that color combo ROCKS....thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card, love the little bird very cute :-)

Have a good week :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Jo - love your sweet little birdie and pretty colour combo!
And thanks (I think!) for sharing your slug story - I was traumatised for years when I nearly stood on a MONSTER one in my bedroom! {shudder}
Lynne
:o)

Alison said...

Thanks for the kind comments you left on my blog. Great card- love the colour combo and clean, modern look! The image I used can be found here. Hope that helps.
Hugs
Alison x

Suzanne said...

This is lovely. I am glad you sorted out your snail mystery, lol! Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog
Hugs
Suzanne x

Elise said...

Howdy, sweet Dotty Jo! So glad the mystery of the slimy trailed intruder ended without too many chemicals! (Custard is happy, too:o)) I and loving these colors, btw! I say, if you're on a roll with something you like, keep ROLLING! You're work is LOVELY, Lovely, L O V E L Y !

Cathy said...

Such a fab card and perfect for the flights of fancy theme. Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card for the flights of fancy challenge, love the colours and sweet bird image.
luv
Debby

SmilynStef said...

Love the flourished background and little purple wing ... great colors.

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Donna said...

This is such a brilliant creation for our flights of fancy theme this week! Thanks for joining us at SCSC :) Donna x