Sunday, 27 June 2010

Strawberries and cream, and Jasmin!

Another gorgeous sunny day, marred only by the fact that England are no longer in the World Cup.
The challenge over at the Secret Crafter this week has been chosen by Victoria. As this is Wimbledon Fortnight she has chosen Strawberries and Cream as the theme for Challenge #89.

I was planning the layout for this card as I drove to Wendy's shop on Friday... actually I nearly drove straight past as I was concentrating on the card rather than where I was going! What this says about my driving I am not sure. This card is for my friend's lovely daughter Emelia. As Emelia is getting a little bit older now, I thought I'd use a slightly more sophisticated image. I hope that she likes the fabulously creative Jo Capper-Sandon's gorgeous new stamp 'Jasmin' as much as I do!

Jasmin was a joy to colour with Promarkers, although I know I haven't really done her justice.
I used Victorian Velvet and Spun Sugar Distress inks to create the background, and stamped the text in Worn Lipstick. I also used Worn Lipstick Stickles around the edge of the card.
I used two beautiful new Hero Arts stamps that my lovely hubby bought for my birthday, and added the little blackbird from a favourite Hero Arts cling set that I have had for ages.

My hubby has gone outside to vacuum the cars... I think he needs to be alone with his dreams of what might have been had England beaten Germany.
It's a funny old game, as they say!

23 comments:

Debbie said...

Ha Ha I liked your DRAT! Very restrained.
We were rubbish wern't we?
This card of yours is lovely, waht a nice colour you have used. Debbiexx

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi jo, love the card you have made, its gorgeous, and love the stampotique stamps have yet to get some for myself they are on my wish list, ever growing.... no comment about england roll on end of the month for football free tv lol have a great evening thanks for the lovely comments ju x

Anne said...

Dotty this is just gorgeous, love it! Think of my tomorrow, my colleague is German, 2 of us, one small office LOL

Macpurp said...

i love the birdcage in the back ground, such a beautiful card.
thanks for stopping by my blog.
love tina x

chris said...

Hi sweetie, this is very different for you but I love it. hugs chris xx

Sue U said...

Stunning card, totally love the background, TFS Sue xx

Tiffany Ervin said...

So soft and dreamy! Really love that birdcage so much Jo!

Dawn T said...

Jo - this card is just wonderful. So sophisticated for a young lady. Love the bird and birdcage and your colouring of Jasmin is just perfect.

Tyggereye said...

Strawberries and cream! That is a lovely background. Great piece.

Suzanne C said...

Love the soft background and the lovely image colored in the foreground.

Vanessa said...

I love your card, Jo! That background is perfect with that image! I don't care about football - and it's getting on my nerves that the Vuvuzelas are keeping my little girl awake...
Have a great week! Vanessa x

Linda Brun said...

Jo, beautiful card for a young girl. Love the birdcage ;-). Wishing you a wonderfull and hopefully not to busy week.
Hug

Alice said...

wow! your stamped background is amazing, Jo!! i LOVE this!!

Sanne said...

This is cool and very girly Jo - great combination of stamps!

CinnamonSally said...

Love this image Jo and a great card for a young lady! You tempted me to look at The Secret Crafters online shop and I have to say I had a little shopping spree. Lots of lovely things and free postage Great!!!!!

Lizziski said...

I love this card Jo. The pink is so scrummy just like strawberries. And I love that cute bird sitting on the gorgeous birdcage

Jill said...

Beautiful card! Love the birdcage and bird in the background!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo, how you doing....

Just spotted this, not been able to blog much over the last few days, my PC can't stand the heat, so I have the door open hoping it doesn't crash again....

You have done a fab job with your new stamp,it's a lovely image , your layout looks perfect for it.
Love the bird cage too, might just have to borrow that one...lol

Not going to be blogging much for a week or so now, Pete break's up Friday so have to tear myself away for a while, so catch up with you asap...you have my email, so don't hesitate
x
Vicky

Elise said...

You are SO funny, Madame Dots! Love the little bits of insight into your sweet life! I'm glad you were mindful of the road, and yet were able to finish the lovely thoughts that assisted you with this fine creation! Bravo, sweet friend. This is perfect for the sort of gal who is growing up {but not THERE yet!} ... She'll love this thoughtful and dreamy little piece!

Pop's Cards said...

What a super cute image, i love the layout and choice of colours, gorgeous hugs Pops x x x

Traceyr said...

Wonderful card and nicely coloured in.

Yes shame about the England match.

:)

lauren bergold said...

well, i am sorry about england, it really doesn't seem like a proper world cup anymore with them out! (do hope the car-vac was a source of comfort to THE MAN!) :)

on the other hand, the uk still stands a real chance at card-making world domination with you on the side!!! :) (LOVE this--brilliant combination of stamps and techniques!!!) ♥

Lynne in NI said...

OMGosh Jo, what a sweet card! And your BG is totally fabulous, I'd love to be able to get the distressed look (...instead of the 'oops I've dropped it in the inkpad look'! LOL!)
Can't wait for tomorrow evening, by which time we should be football-free AND tennis-free! ;o)