Tuesday, 4 March 2025

The Christmas Kickstart Challenge #96 - Not the Norm!



Over at Kickstart HQ I'm delighted to welcome back my dear friend Arlene from A Bit of This and That... as our elf for March. 


This month we're asking you to step away from the RED, GREEN and GOLD and join us in a colour challenge where we invite you to pick colours that are...

Challenge #96 - Not the Norm

Arlene and I have had heaps of fun playing this theme, so please head over to the challenge and see Arlene's gorgeous card.

Here's my creation for our challenge:


I used three shades of Distress Oxide to colour a lovely embossed panel (thanks so much, Greta) and added a teal Sizzix Noel die cut. 

My second card is also an inky number. I used a portion of a pink gelli print and over stamped, then heat embossed in white with a favourite Sunny Studio snowflake background.


This card looks so much better IRL, but I may pep-it-up a little as it seems to lack a little something now I'm looking at it on the screen. I wonder what I could do? Ideas are welcome!

Rudolph has a sweet prize on offer for his Random Raffle... 


 
And Arlene and I are very much looking forward to seeing your non-traditional colour combos!

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two amazing cards Jo. Great colours.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous teals and blues here, Jo - fun challenge!!

papierelle said...

I like both cards and I like the theme. I hope I find enough time to play!!

Greta said...

What a fun theme--gotta get something made! Really love the ink blending on the embossed panel and I'm so glad you were able to use it. The geli print strip is beautiful with the embossed snowflakes. I wonder if adding 2 or 3 die cut snowflakes would be what you're looking for. But it's beautiful as is.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super cards Jo, love the EF and the funky Noel on your first card, then the simple snowflakes and the touch of pink, love the Merry too. Great theme too. x