Welcome, welcome, welcome... I hope you had a very Happy Christmas and that the New Year is being kind!
We have a very talented Elf to get 2026 started at The Christmas Kickstart as we welcome the lovely Chris Lawlor.
Chris has chosen a wonderful theme for our first challenge of the year...
Challenge #106 - Dreaming of a Pink Christmas
And you can see her gorgeous card by heading over to Kickstart HQ.
Here's what I made for our Challenge, and let me tell you I am totally smitten with this sweet gal and her polar bear friend.
Just before Christmas I was delighted to find a UK stockist for Sweet November Stamps, and so, naturally, I had to have a little spend. I was good, honest... Just the two stamp sets. How abstemious of you, Jo, I hear you say!
My second card for this challenge is this one, and to be honest, I'm not sure it's floating my boat or rockin' my socks. I like the Paper Smooches Wise Dies bow and the Concord and 9th Jolly Dies, but I think I should have chosen my paper strip combination a little better and also worked on not getting gaps. Never mind, we all live and learn!
Rudolph has a lovely prize on offer. And, he'd like you to know that he's had a little makeover. He simply cannot wait to hear your thoughts on his new look! Come and take a peek.

.jpg)
7 comments:
I love that fat polar bear. What a cutie. Fab cards Jo. Great use of scraps on the second one. Two beauties in the bag. Hugz
What a sweet stamp Jo and the pink sky looks fabulous, a reminder that it’s supposed to be another good year for the aurora borealis! That kind of patchwork with strips is really hard to pull off, I think different thicknesses of paper somehow make a bit of gapping inevitable, you did a great job!
The first one is so adorable and I love the pink background and cute polar bear.
The first one is so adorable and I love the pink background and cute polar bear.
Love that girl and her bear and the beautiful pinks. Your second card is gorgeous, it really glows warmth. Love it. As for being abstemious? Well, aren't you good? A new word for me, I may try to use it in my buying? x
Great challenge! Congrats to Chris on being your Guest Elf! Two lovely cards Jo. The pink ombre sky is GORGEOUS! And the polar bear with the sweet little girls is adorable! Great card! Your second card is lovely and sparkly with those pretty dies cut from glitter paper. The construction of your strips must have been very time consuming, but it makes a lovely background ... a great way to use up scraps of paper too! :) xx
Such a sweet girl w/polar bear image and I love how you colored it, Jo! Card two is fun with the patchwork! Loving the pink theme!!
Post a Comment