Over at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge we're playing with Guest elf Chris Lawlor, and she's picked a perfect theme to start a new year of Christmas cardmaking for us.
Challenge #106 - Dreaming of a Pink Christmas
Chris made this gorgeous gate-fold card for our challenge.
And, as always, I've created a card inspired by our guest's original card. There was so much to be 'wowed' by with Chris's card and it took me a while to decide where to head with my card, but this is how things ended-up.
I like how Chris paired the pink inked patterns with the white card. I did try it for my card, but it looked a little stark so I stamped on pink cardstock and liked the warmer look. I noticed Chris had used gold thread for her baubles (such a nice detail) so decided to add some gold to my card too. A few darker pink gems finished the clean, simple look I was trying to achieve. The Christmas tree images are from this lovely Simon Says Stamp set.
My second card playing this theme is this one:
IRL, this card looks so full of sparkle, but just won't photograph to show the WOW glitter embossing at all. I'm sure you'll all recognise this Big and Bold Snowflake from Colorado Craft Company. It doesn't look as if this is available these days, but they do have other lovely snowflakes for sale here.

.jpg)


.jpg)

6 comments:
Two more lovely cards Jo! That snowflake is lovely, isn’t it? You can just see some of the sheen and sparkle on the full size view, you’ve probably captured as much as a still photo ever does. The stylised tree one is so soft and pretty, too.
Two more fab cards, Jo - love the pink tree with gold accents & your jumbo snowflake looks amazing!!
Fabulous cards Jo, I love the pink and gold, so elegant. x
Lovely cards ... I do LOVE pink. xx
Such a lovely card!
Oooh, pink and gold! Elegant and opulent. Love the off the edge huge snowflake. Hugz
Post a Comment